Представительство Всемирной Ассоциации Традиционного Винг Чунь Кунг Фу в Украине и по СНГ
Representative Office of the World Wing Chun Kung Fu Association in Ukraine and CIS

Right and left sides of brain in Wing Chun practice

Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Wing Chun Practice
Right and left sides of brain in Wing Chun practice
Автор Сообщение
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 13.07.2015, 15:46    Заголовок сообщения: Right and left sides of brain in Wing Chun practice Ответить с цитатой

Hi all on the forum!

I have become very interested in left and right sides of brain and how to manage them.

To give you the idea to this topic: Left and right brain function in different way. Right side brain is more creative and better at grasping bigger pictures of ideas while the left more analytic and detail-oriented. Right side of the body is controlled by the left side brain, and vice versa. If you are right-handed, you most likely use left brain more often.

In this topic let's share experiences and discussion regarding different brain sides in wing chun training. Thank you!

I am very heavily right handed person. Using both left and right side in wing chun exercises helps me to use both sides as often. Therefore I can be more creative in how I react in each hit, and find better solutions for responses.   

Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 14.07.2015, 18:30    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

At this point I do some things better with my left side and some things better with my right side Wink But for the most part switching from one side to the other takes several repetitions of the exercise before I understand how to move what and where. And the worst part of it is that I end up in different places when I use different sides when working Smile   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 16.07.2015, 20:04    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Thank you Irene. What can you do to balance the moving between right and left sides? Thank you!

Depending on the side, I do the blogs very differently sometimes. But when I understand why the structure works, I can work to smoothen the differencies to correct blocks.   

Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 17.07.2015, 10:14    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

I try to change hands more frequently to make different hands and legs work. And it also helps to react swiftly when situation changes.

Yesterday when we were doing a technique we more or less understood how to do it on the right hand but it took us at least three tries to figure out how to do it on the left. And we couldn't end up in the same place when working on left side as on the right side. So several our blocks changed due to this fact because we couldn't do things because we weren't at the right place to make them work.   

Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Wing Chun Practice Часовой пояс: GMT + 2
Страница 1 из 1

© 2010 Украинское Представительство Всемирной Винг Чунь Кунг Фу Ассоциации. Все права защищены.