Представительство Всемирной Ассоциации Традиционного Винг Чунь Кунг Фу в Украине и по СНГ
Representative Office of the World Wing Chun Kung Fu Association in Ukraine and CIS

Other mind and body arts combined to wing chun

Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Wing Chun Practice
Other mind and body arts combined to wing chun
Автор Сообщение
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 16.06.2015, 18:03    Заголовок сообщения: Other mind and body arts combined to wing chun Ответить с цитатой

Hi all forum members,

as well as making wing chun principles visible in your daily actions, are there any arts that you use together with wing chun, or to be better at wing chun? Thank you!

I practice yoga daily. Breathing system in yoga has helped me very much in stances and finding my posture in wing chun training. Doing yoga also helps me relax for morning Siu Lim Tao. For me this has been essential, because I have much to work with being present while practicing.   

Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 19.06.2015, 12:30    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

I've picked up trampoline jumping recently. It's fun and it really drives the point of sticking with your decisions throughout every move home. Meaning if you decided you're punching and you've started the movement, then you should finish it and not change your mind midpunch. If you do this on a tramp, you'll end up kicking yourself in both eyes with your knees or worse. At this point it helps strengthen my core muscles, improves my hand-eye coordination, awareness of my body, position of my body in space towards other objects and lots more. And as I said - it's very fun!   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 19.06.2015, 15:07    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Thank you Irene, it sure sounds very fun! Very Happy

There is a point with posture, that I found with running. When I ran long enough I run out of energy. In order to keep going, I needed to relax and find a better position. The body does it automatically, and then you just keep it up. Very neat.   

Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 19.06.2015, 18:21    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Procyona писал(а):
There is a point with posture, that I found with running. When I ran long enough I run out of energy. In order to keep going, I needed to relax and find a better position. The body does it automatically, and then you just keep it up. Very neat.

Since I'm not a fan of running (to put it very mildly) I can't judge Cool

Can't call it an art, but what I don't enjoy doing but have no choice is climbing stairs. For me it requires control of breathing and it's very beneficial for leg muscles and posture. And it helps with relaxation of unused muscles of upper body and arms.   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 21.06.2015, 15:03    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Gra-ach писал(а):
Can't call it an art, but what I don't enjoy doing but have no choice is climbing stairs. For me it requires control of breathing and it's very beneficial for leg muscles and posture. And it helps with relaxation of unused muscles of upper body and arms.

Are they unused muscles, or muscles that are used too much, Irene? Cool

Climbing stairs is very good and intense training for lungs and breathing. (can't wait to move in your new apartment with stairs!) Other good one is hiking, and there the views are usually more than worth some steps. Smile   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 21.06.2015, 15:15    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Here are twenty stair climbing fact for you Irene Smile

https://www.stepjockey.com/content/docs/Stair_Climbing_Facts_StepJockey.pdf   

Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 22.06.2015, 12:02    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Procyona писал(а):
Here are twenty stair climbing fact for you Irene Smile

https://www.stepjockey.com/content/docs/Stair_Climbing_Facts_StepJockey.pdf

Interesting info Smile   

Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Wing Chun Practice Часовой пояс: GMT + 2
Страница 1 из 1

© 2010 Украинское Представительство Всемирной Винг Чунь Кунг Фу Ассоциации. Все права защищены.