Представительство Всемирной Ассоциации Традиционного Винг Чунь Кунг Фу в Украине и по СНГ
Representative Office of the World Wing Chun Kung Fu Association in Ukraine and CIS

Passion vs. calmness

Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Wing Chun community
Passion vs. calmness
Автор Сообщение
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 07.06.2015, 15:35    Заголовок сообщения: Passion vs. calmness Ответить с цитатой

Цитата:
A brave and passionate person will kill or be killed.
A brave and calm person will always preserve life.
Of these two which is good and which is harmful?
Some things are not favored by heaven. Who knows why?
Even the wise are unsure of this.

This is a start of poem number seventy-three in Lao Tsu's book Tao Te Ching (translated by Feng and English).

What do you think about passion and calmness? How are they harmful and useful to you? Thank you!

I think passion is natural for people that life in cities and other big societies. With so many opportunities, people want more and more for themselves. When there is passion, there is a need for calmness. And when there is calmness again, new passions arise.

If you do not work for those passions, they might burn you from inside. But without passion, I could not move far.

I see calmness in living by nature. It is calmness for being in connection with your surroundings, to what you eat, wear and the tools you use. Calmness is the knowledge of where energy comes and where is it used. In more complex items and food, I seek for knowledge.

Still calmness can prevent me moving forward. Some unbalance is needed to go further. If there would not be a chance to fall, there would not be no mean in training balance.

I think this fight goes on inside us all the time.   

Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Wing Chun community Часовой пояс: GMT + 2
Страница 1 из 1

© 2010 Украинское Представительство Всемирной Винг Чунь Кунг Фу Ассоциации. Все права защищены.