Представительство Всемирной Ассоциации Традиционного Винг Чунь Кунг Фу в Украине и по СНГ
Representative Office of the World Wing Chun Kung Fu Association in Ukraine and CIS

What skills you need in the society today?

Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Personal growth
What skills you need in the society today?
Автор Сообщение
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 29.04.2015, 21:25    Заголовок сообщения: What skills you need in the society today? Ответить с цитатой

World is different today than a couple of decades back. Well, it is different even compared to the world than some years back.

What are the skills you mostly need in society today? Thank you!

I think that with the information masses of today you need good concentration on the things that matter. Also media is constantly playing with feelings, so knowing how to manage yours is a very good skill.

Also, I think that in every person needs to have a moderate cooking skills and awareness of safety, like what to do if a fire starts.

Also, I think that in order to keep living in big cities or such places with huge amount of people, you need to have empathy to understand others living in the same place.   

Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
Faroth

СообщениеДобавлено: 30.04.2015, 10:15    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Thank you for topic!

Good points on media and information. Even though we don't want to admit, media is toying with our minds. Making us see things they want us to see, not what's necessarily the whole picture one needs to see to make clear opinion on matter.

Cooking on the other hand. It's a good skill to have, don't get me wrong, but not the most useful these days when there are so many restaurants serving healthy and not so healthy food, also supermarkets are full of convenience food if someone prefers that option. Person can probably survive just fine without a kitchen if he/she so desires.

For me the one essential is probably communication. To stay part of society one needs to communicate in order to have one's needs heard. Communication can be human to human, or human to machine kind of communication but nevertheless it's needed to be part of this society.

The basic knowledge of law. Mostly of what you should not do.   

Последний раз редактировалось: Faroth (30.04.2015, 12:13), всего редактировалось 4 раз(а)
Художник

СообщениеДобавлено: 30.04.2015, 11:32    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

it depends on who would you like to be in society and what is your goals.
If you want to be a parent - you need to improve skills, that include parenting, understanding children and ect.
And so on.

But i think there is some basic skills, like comunication skill - no matter who you will be, there is always be a man and comunity, and comunication.   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 06.05.2015, 20:28    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Yes, the individual perspectives are always individual. I just watched an interview about a guy who lives entirely without using money. He pretty much did that while traveling the world at the same time!

Knowledge of law might be useful. I think it is still more important to have empathy and use common sense.   

Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 31.05.2015, 17:19    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Great question, and made me think immediately about our system of education. I say "our" meaning the system that's been created some 200 or so years ago, and that is not up-to-date any more. If anyone is or has been studying with some more advanced, newer systems, please share your views and learnings!

I think adaptability as a base for evolution is reaching new levels. To be adaptable, one needs to be flexible, for that relaxation is needed, and how do we relax without awareness? How many schools are teaching the basics of any kind of awareness?   

https://www.facebook.com/TraditionalWingChunOulu   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 02.06.2015, 20:57    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Good guestion Tetyana, I do not know any national schools of our time that would teach awareness that way. About other schools however, I have experienced two schools of martial arts which teach awareness. One of them is the Wing Chun Academy.   
Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Personal growth Часовой пояс: GMT + 2
Страница 1 из 1

© 2010 Украинское Представительство Всемирной Винг Чунь Кунг Фу Ассоциации. Все права защищены.