Представительство Всемирной Ассоциации Традиционного Винг Чунь Кунг Фу в Украине и по СНГ
Representative Office of the World Wing Chun Kung Fu Association in Ukraine and CIS

Diffrencies of communication: face-to-face vs. other forms

Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Wing Chun community
Diffrencies of communication: face-to-face vs. other forms
Автор Сообщение
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 03.06.2014, 10:19    Заголовок сообщения: Diffrencies of communication: face-to-face vs. other forms Ответить с цитатой

Hi all forum participants.

As I have been using both video, voice and text-only chats more and more I have noticed that they are hugely diffrent in a matter of communication.

With text-only chats, you can think and go back to see your discussion, and recall it even after some minutes, but with voice and video that is not possible (with recording it, of course, that can be also done). That can be useful, if the lag of time between answers does not affect the results.

How these chats differ from face-to-face discussion, is that you cannot feel the other persons feelings, and cannot communicate with the space and distance and posture that much. So the ways of communication are diminished. On the otherhand, at least I tend to be more ready to discuss private things in the safety of text-only chat. This is because they feel anonymous, but also because they share less of the feelings I am feeling at that moment.

For me choosing between these depends on what I want to use them for. For closer connection and intimacy I prefer face to face. But forums like these are pretty awesome in the way that we can discuss things even when we are not viewing the page in the same space and time. Smile

What are your thoughts?   

Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
Faroth

СообщениеДобавлено: 02.04.2015, 15:41    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Hi Milla,

It's good that we have big arsenal of communication tools since they all have their uses.

Text chats, like Facebook or Whatsapp are good tools to communicate without needing to respond right away. The conversations are also easier to follow if there's other stuff going around you at that time, work etc.

As a minus it's hard to show your feelings in text only conversations. It can be done, but usually it's just easier to talk face-to-face or call video or traditional way. Smilies come to my mind as a one way to show feelings in text only chats. They can be easily misunderstood, but I think people are easily misunderstood face to face too.

Discussion boards, like this we are in are good tools for larger groups to share and discuss their ideas. Sometimes conversations can be revisited years after they were originally put up, which is cool in my opinion.   

Последний раз редактировалось: Faroth (13.04.2015, 18:04), всего редактировалось 1 раз
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 13.04.2015, 16:15    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Yes, it is quite cool that every word I use is recorded, and I can study the way I had thought before and if I still think the same way. Smile   
Faroth

СообщениеДобавлено: 13.04.2015, 18:09    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Procyona писал(а):
Yes, it is quite cool that every word I use is recorded, and I can study the way I had thought before and if I still think the same way. Smile

It can be quite interesting to see if thoughts are different after couple of years.

I'm quite looking forward to that. Very Happy   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 29.04.2015, 20:55    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Maybe you can already do some comparing, Ville-Pekka? You might find many things already in your previous texts, if you read them through.   
Faroth

СообщениеДобавлено: 24.05.2015, 09:21    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Procyona писал(а):
Maybe you can already do some comparing, Ville-Pekka? You might find many things already in your previous texts, if you read them through.

At least on some topics my thoughts are actually different now than they were previously. That is probably cause of new perspective or idea which has done that.

Most notably difference from my first posts is probably writing. I'm getting more and more confident on writing english again.   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 24.05.2015, 20:15    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

That sounds great Ville-Pekka! There is nothing like going forward. Smile   
Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Wing Chun community Часовой пояс: GMT + 2
Страница 1 из 1

© 2010 Украинское Представительство Всемирной Винг Чунь Кунг Фу Ассоциации. Все права защищены.