Представительство Всемирной Ассоциации Традиционного Винг Чунь Кунг Фу в Украине и по СНГ
Representative Office of the World Wing Chun Kung Fu Association in Ukraine and CIS

What is good, what is bad?

Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Personal growth
What is good, what is bad?
Автор Сообщение
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 14.12.2014, 20:19    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Welcome to the forum Ville-Pekka! Smile

Not depending on age and how rich your life is, it's also up to you if you want to stick to the good or the bad, I think.   

Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 09.01.2015, 10:43    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Good point, Milla. How do we know what is good and what is bad? Smile   
https://www.facebook.com/TraditionalWingChunOulu   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 13.01.2015, 18:38    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Haveunique писал(а):
How do we know what is good and what is bad? Smile

Great question, Tetyana! For me bad (harmful) things are the habits that keep me from going forward, and good (useful) ones support my way.   

vmashchenko

СообщениеДобавлено: 31.03.2015, 23:10    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

There are no such things as 'good' or 'bad', there is just a meaning we put on some things. Like money, like rainy weather, etc...   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 01.04.2015, 13:05    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Yes, vmashchenko, but do we need those labels. For me they are a tool to decide if I want to have the action or not. If it's bad for me, and my values, I leave need to it out.

But that does not mean that action would be bad for someone else or in all situations.   

Faroth

СообщениеДобавлено: 02.04.2015, 10:14    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

In my opinion there are labels but they are not always the universal truths. Rainy weather can set bad mood for some people, but it's also great source for life and inspiration for others. Money can be problem if one doesn't have any, but it can be problem if one has too much too.

Violence and disrespect come to my mind as bad things. I don't see way to label those in 'good' section, but what do you think?   

vmashchenko

СообщениеДобавлено: 22.04.2015, 22:48    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

We need labels, because we live in a world where we compare everything.

>> Violence and disrespect come to my mind as bad things. I don't see way to label those in 'good' section, but what do you think?

Should you respect person who use narcotic? Should you be polite with someone who hurt other people or kill them?   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 26.04.2015, 09:02    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Faroth писал(а):
In my opinion there are labels but they are not always the universal truths. Rainy weather can set bad mood for some people, but it's also great source for life and inspiration for others. Money can be problem if one doesn't have any, but it can be problem if one has too much too.

Violence and disrespect come to my mind as bad things. I don't see way to label those in 'good' section, but what do you think?

I think the labels are chosen, so it is not the matter of the person, but a way to see many sides of the matter, and keep the ones you want.

Money is never a problem, it is a task. Wink

I cannot answer for violence or disrespect, because it depends on the situation, person and the reason for the action. Violence and disrespect are needed so that we know the value if secutity and respect. Even thought the actions are harmful, there is a need for them.   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 26.04.2015, 09:13    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

vmashchenko писал(а):
>> Violence and disrespect come to my mind as bad things. I don't see way to label those in 'good' section, but what do you think?

Should you respect person who use narcotic? Should you be polite with someone who hurt other people or kill them?

People have their reasons for their actions. I think we have all a place in this world. For me, I need to respect that. There are many truths about this but I think being polite never hurts anyone. You can be polite and still strict on the truths. That is the best way for anyone to face the situation and deciding if they want to do something about it.   

Faroth

СообщениеДобавлено: 26.04.2015, 18:58    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

vmashchenko писал(а):

Two bad doesn't make one good. The narcotics user can be a very good person who has developed a one bad habit.

I don't know reasons of that person who hurts people or kill them. He can be a war veteran as far as I know and thus far has only done things he had been told to do. I can respect that.   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 27.04.2015, 20:01    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Faroth писал(а):
I don't know reasons of that person who hurts people or kill them. He can be a war veteran as far as I know and thus far has only done things he had been told to do. I can respect that.

Ville-Pekka, a person is responsible of all his actions. He follows orders because he chooses to. Why he follows or does not follow them is them up to the person.   

Faroth

СообщениеДобавлено: 28.04.2015, 11:07    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Procyona писал(а):

Ville-Pekka, a person is responsible of all his actions. He follows orders because he chooses to. Why he follows or does not follow them is them up to the person.

True point about responsibility. The person doing the action is responsible of the action he/she does. In war it's the survival instinct which put us to follow the orders we don't like to do.   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 30.04.2015, 20:37    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Faroth писал(а):
Procyona писал(а):

True point about responsibility. The person doing the action is responsible of the action he/she does. In war it's the survival instinct which put us to follow the orders we don't like to do.

Don't know about war and fortunately not about the survival instinct either. To my mind, however, reasons to act or not act might be very personal.   

Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Personal growth Часовой пояс: GMT + 2
Страница 1 из 1

© 2010 Украинское Представительство Всемирной Винг Чунь Кунг Фу Ассоциации. Все права защищены.