Представительство Всемирной Ассоциации Традиционного Винг Чунь Кунг Фу в Украине и по СНГ
Representative Office of the World Wing Chun Kung Fu Association in Ukraine and CIS

What defines us more: the past or the present?

Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Personal growth
What defines us more: the past or the present?
Автор Сообщение
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 09.06.2014, 19:20    Заголовок сообщения: What defines us more: the past or the present? Ответить с цитатой

Dear forum partisipants.

Do you think a person is more defined by the past or the present? Like in decision making and making opinions?

For me the ratio between past and present has slided toward the present, because I learn to life more and more in the moment. Still, I don't think that I could life without considering my past, because that is was brought me here up to this point. It's the past I built my learning on.   

Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
vmashchenko

СообщениеДобавлено: 31.03.2015, 23:50    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

A person defined but his current beliefs. Beliefs are based on our experience, on our values, on our imagination how something should be. If person deeply immersed in his/her memories, obviously he/she lives there.

Better option to be in present and think about future. "We are not our past"   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 01.04.2015, 08:10    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

vmashchenko писал(а):
Better option to be in present and think about future. "We are not our past"

We are not your past, but that is where we come from. Smile

Usually the people that have forgotten their past because of some incident cannot define who they are. Without the past they do not have the continuity to tell them where to go next.

I do get your idea about the future, but nowadays I think it is the continuum of past-present-future that defines who we are, and what we do next.   

Faroth

СообщениеДобавлено: 01.04.2015, 11:23    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Past and history can be learned from, but living in the past ain't doing much good. Everyone has some good and bad memories but living in those memories might make us forget what we are now and where we are going.

We are who we are now, not who we were.   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 13.04.2015, 16:22    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Thank you for the replies! Seems that wheter I am determined by my past or my future, I am what I do, and what I can show in my actions. Smile   
vmashchenko

СообщениеДобавлено: 22.04.2015, 23:06    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Each person has his/her identity. That's what determines persons actions.

Try to remind movie, where officer or killer Stallone (in some 2050 year) where frozen, his mind cleared and wired to new identity: he is a man who made handmade things (like sweaters) Smile

He did not his past but it was not metter.   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 25.04.2015, 20:48    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Indeed vmashchenko, we are what we choose to be. Smile

They are the most important and powerful words you can use, when you know how.   

Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Personal growth Часовой пояс: GMT + 2
Страница 1 из 1

© 2010 Украинское Представительство Всемирной Винг Чунь Кунг Фу Ассоциации. Все права защищены.