Представительство Всемирной Ассоциации Традиционного Винг Чунь Кунг Фу в Украине и по СНГ
Representative Office of the World Wing Chun Kung Fu Association in Ukraine and CIS

Tiredness and energy in practise

Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Wing Chun Practice
Tiredness and energy in practise
Автор Сообщение
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 28.08.2013, 11:47    Заголовок сообщения: Tiredness and energy in practise Ответить с цитатой

Sometimes I have been more tired when I come to practise. When this happens, I have not worked as well as when I have more energy. But some rare times, as I know I am tired, I have taken it more easy. This has helped me to adjust my work load better and surprisingly it can even boost up my awareness. Or that is how it felt at least Very Happy

More over, it is not good to have too much energy either. When the brain goes highwire, I cannot work as efficiently.   

Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 28.08.2013, 12:46    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

I've had trainings when I didn't sleep much or had a lot going on otherwise, and everytime it is the matter of whether I can leave everything behind the gym door and train 100%. When there is too much excitement, same approach helps the best - I ask myself where I am, who I am and what I am doing here, helps sober up Wink   
https://www.facebook.com/TraditionalWingChunOulu   
Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 02.09.2013, 16:31    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Some time ago we had a training in relaxation at the Academy here during which the instructor showed us that if you're relaxed and you don't restrict your movements you get energy from the exercises you're doing. It was actually very cool to observe!

Anyways, even why I feel down before training session, after it I feel much better and I'm full of energy!   

Сифу Юрий Марченко
Sihing

СообщениеДобавлено: 03.09.2013, 22:14    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

The motivation is really a very good tool, even when we are tired, we may reach our goals for the training. However, to feel our body, is also very important and we should to understand the diffrence between the tiredness and laziness Laughing If you are really very tired you should not to make big pressure on the training ( exception if it is not special training ), otherwise you risk to get ill.   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 04.09.2013, 08:50    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

I feel the same way Irene! Even if I had felt tired I can get energy from the training. Also, the other way around, sometimes my mind gets over loaded, and empties up during the training. This tiredness is different than the previously mentioned, though. Smile

I agree with you Sihing, we can indeed look for differencies between lazyness and tiredness. How do you notice the difference?

For me it seems that lazyness is my ego saying that I cannot do something, or that I don't have to do something. There is always emotion of discomfort. Tiredness does not come with ego, and nessesarily contains no discomfortable feelings. It is just something you need to react to.   

Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 05.09.2013, 20:47    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Sihing писал(а):
The motivation is really a very good tool, even when we are tired, we may reach our goals for the training. However, to feel our body, is also very important and we should to understand the diffrence between the tiredness and laziness Laughing If you are really very tired you should not to make big pressure on the training ( exception if it is not special training ), otherwise you risk to get ill.

Thank you for your comment, SiHing! Indeed, with the right motivation we are able to work 100% but still keep ourselves safe and sound. Overdoing is as useless as underdoing, both come from wrong motivation.   

Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 05.09.2013, 20:50    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Procyona писал(а):
I agree with you Sihing, we can indeed look for differencies between lazyness and tiredness. How do you notice the difference?

Sometimes only discipline can tell the difference Smile "Discipline is doing what you hate to do, but nonetheless doing it like you love it," Mike Tyson said. Even with things I love the most I sometimes need to pick up my butt and go do them, the reasons why I don't want to do them at first don't even matter. As soon as I am doing, I wonder how come I didn't want to do it just a few moments ago! Such a thing brain is Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 14.09.2013, 16:16    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Haveunique писал(а):
Procyona писал(а):

Sometimes only discipline can tell the difference Smile "Discipline is doing what you hate to do, but nonetheless doing it like you love it," Mike Tyson said. Even with things I love the most I sometimes need to pick up my butt and go do them, the reasons why I don't want to do them at first don't even matter. As soon as I am doing, I wonder how come I didn't want to do it just a few moments ago! Such a thing brain is Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Don't I know that feeling, Tanya! Very Happy It is great if you can turn the negative thinking into positive, and love everything you do. And again, it is about why you do, rather than what you feel about it.   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 01.10.2013, 08:28    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

I recently trained one time straight after waking up and still feeling sleepy. I was quite amazed how relaxed and fast I was! There was no tensions, no strains, nothing to bother me at all. My mind was slow, it did not think anything, but the fact that I needed to train. This was an amazing feeling Smile   
Faroth

СообщениеДобавлено: 02.04.2015, 10:27    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Sometimes it's easier to relax when I'm overtired but it's in no way the optimal training condition. I'm just slower than usual and adapting to new stuff takes ages.

Maybe I'm relaxed because I should be in bed sleeping and not training. Wink

Body and mind need to rest so I can work more efficiently.   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 06.04.2015, 13:42    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

And sometimes you can relax just by thinking you don't have to do much. Like concentrating on breathing, and letting every other thought flow by. You can be very relaxed if you do this just for a while, but you need to do it in a very focused way.   
Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Wing Chun Practice Часовой пояс: GMT + 2
Страница 1 из 1

© 2010 Украинское Представительство Всемирной Винг Чунь Кунг Фу Ассоциации. Все права защищены.