Представительство Всемирной Ассоциации Традиционного Винг Чунь Кунг Фу в Украине и по СНГ
Representative Office of the World Wing Chun Kung Fu Association in Ukraine and CIS

What is responsibility

Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Personal growth
What is responsibility
Автор Сообщение
Skywalker

СообщениеДобавлено: 13.11.2013, 15:34    Заголовок сообщения: What is responsibility Ответить с цитатой

I'm sure it's a really interesting topic. =)
What actually do we (you) call responsibility?

Haveunique писал(а):
...it is hard because it means responsibility.

Why should anything be hard if it means (needs) responsibility? =)   
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 18.11.2013, 11:37    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Dear Skywalker, thank you for the topic. There is a tradition on our forum to answer these kind of questions yourself first, prior to expecting other forum participants to give their opinions Cool

I went to Merriam-Webster dictionary and got this:
re·spon·si·bil·i·ty noun \ri-ˌspän(t)-sə-ˈbi-lə-tē\
: the state of being the person who caused something to happen
: a duty or task that you are required or expected to do
: something that you should do because it is morally right, legally required, etc.

This kind of definition doesn't explain much to me, actually... To my understanding, responsibility is an inner state. It is inner readiness to do what we decide to do for whatever reasons.   

https://www.facebook.com/TraditionalWingChunOulu   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 18.11.2013, 22:30    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

A state of being the cause for something, a duty or something you should do sound like the results, they have action or a motive already. For me responsibility also has the aspect that I know why I there action should be there, to know where the motive comes from.
Nice topic Skywalker! Smile   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 05.01.2015, 22:17    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Speaking of responsibility, is there times when you take responsibility for other people?

I think that I can only take responsibility of my actions, but my actions are connected to what I do with
others. Being honest to myself is to my mind the most responsible thing when I work with someone together.   

Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 09.01.2015, 10:38    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Responsibility means being ready to work with the consequences of your actions. Are you working with the results done by someone else? You are taking responsibility for their actions as well then Smile   
https://www.facebook.com/TraditionalWingChunOulu   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 14.01.2015, 20:35    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

True point Tetyana. Also if you want to use any bit of information it's always better to confirm it yourself rather than trust blindly on someone else's
words. And if you cannot confirm it, it's better to leave it out, I think. So, you should not take responsibility of someone else's actions at all. Smile
Or what do you think?   

vmashchenko

СообщениеДобавлено: 31.03.2015, 23:13    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Haveunique писал(а):
Responsibility means being ready to work with the consequences of your actions.

I totally agree!

Also, regarding taking responsibility of someone on to yourself - it's irresponsibly!   

Faroth

СообщениеДобавлено: 01.04.2015, 12:36    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

By taking responsibility out of someone else's back you're giving very big disservice to him/her.   
Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Personal growth Часовой пояс: GMT + 2
Страница 1 из 1

© 2010 Украинское Представительство Всемирной Винг Чунь Кунг Фу Ассоциации. Все права защищены.