Представительство Всемирной Ассоциации Традиционного Винг Чунь Кунг Фу в Украине и по СНГ
Representative Office of the World Wing Chun Kung Fu Association in Ukraine and CIS

What does it mean to have a home?

Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Wing Chun community
What does it mean to have a home?
Автор Сообщение
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 02.08.2014, 09:08    Заголовок сообщения: What does it mean to have a home? Ответить с цитатой

What does it mean to have a home, be at home and what does the feeling consist of? Thank you!

I moved out to my parents place, and for a while don't have a place to call my own. Still, I feel I have my home in the city I used to life, because I have my friends, activities and my heart there.

For me, home is not a building, but the people and the things I do with a heart. I don't know if home for me is a place, but rather that feeling that can be transfered to everywhere. Or what do you think?   

Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 22.08.2014, 19:40    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Great topic, so nice that you introduced it, Milla. Home... it's a place where we grow up, where we play in mud next to the dwelling we call ours, where we get our first friends and very possibly first fights Smile As years go, home might move away from that dwelling... this is where we start carrying our own home inside of us, building it, maintaining, renovating, cleaning, and making it a welcome place for others to visit. We become our own home. The cozier we feel, the cozier others around us do as well. And so, by being at home with ourselves, we become at home with others.   
https://www.facebook.com/TraditionalWingChunOulu   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 24.08.2014, 10:18    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Very nicely put Tetyana! Laughing It might be that the more experiences you have on being in different places, the more secure you feel inside, and the more at home within yourself. But without the experience, you cannot know the difference, I think. Smile   
Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 27.08.2014, 13:29    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Not exactly, Milla Cool There is this quote of a famous person... about thinking that happiness can be found somewhere far away, and then we learn that no matter where we go, we take ourselves. So it's the other way around from what you said Smile   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 28.08.2014, 18:19    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Not talking about happiness, it's true that we are traveling with yourselves. But we are always changing too, and might not be the same person in every journey. It's the experience that change us to realize the happiness, or to be more sure about yourself.

What quote are you referring to, Tetyana? Thank you.   

Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 03.09.2014, 13:39    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

I wonder if it really is change we are talking about. Discovering how we really are - is it actually a change? Isn't it that we can change something when we know what it is and how to change it? How can you change something without knowing what it is? The quote is there, Milla. Wherever you go, you take yourself with you.   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 16.09.2014, 17:13    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Thank you Tetyana. Good point about the change. I think there are changes that we don't realize, but there is also change in your vision of yourself, when you learn. But true point on that it itself is not changing yourself one way or the other. Smile   
Художник

СообщениеДобавлено: 17.09.2014, 00:08    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

in my opinion home is not only "the roof over your head"
this is such place, where your condion is stable and nothing cant destabilies it.
in older times people said " my home - my fortress"   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 18.09.2014, 19:22    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

There is also a saying: my body is my temple. Even though the saying
does not refer to it being a home, our bodies kind of are our homes, too. Very Happy   

Художник

СообщениеДобавлено: 18.09.2014, 21:58    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Didnt your body shows your state(condition)?
I think temple is the place where people come to feel themselves safe, not about to pray.   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 21.09.2014, 19:45    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Yes, I think body shows the condition, as well as mind does, too.

I think why people come in temples for depends from person to person.   

Художник

СообщениеДобавлено: 22.09.2014, 00:32    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Procyona писал(а):

I think why people come in temples for depends from person to person.

agree   

Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Wing Chun community Часовой пояс: GMT + 2
Страница 1 из 1

© 2010 Украинское Представительство Всемирной Винг Чунь Кунг Фу Ассоциации. Все права защищены.