Представительство Всемирной Ассоциации Традиционного Винг Чунь Кунг Фу в Украине и по СНГ
Representative Office of the World Wing Chun Kung Fu Association in Ukraine and CIS

Joint hypermobility

Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Wing Chun Practice
Joint hypermobility
Автор Сообщение
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 07.07.2014, 20:56    Заголовок сообщения: Joint hypermobility Ответить с цитатой

Just to start a discussion about hypermobile joints, who ever has them, or even if you don't Very Happy

I have slight hypermobility, and with years I have been going over the 'normal' angles. It was just some time ago that I was noted of this, and it affects some of my practice: I am now looking for a right way to hit without the elbow going too straight. (Same thing with the kicks also.)

I realise that hits are suppose to come back after they have reached the highest point, and then recoil. Mayde I can try and find the prorer distance fthe recoil by hitting a wall or pillows. If you have an idea on how to work on this, or just about the subject please share your thoughts Smile   

Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 08.07.2014, 20:06    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

I am not sure I understand what do you mean exactly...   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 10.07.2014, 20:21    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

This picture shows some hyperbobility example on fingers and thumb.

Hypermobile joints, according to wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypermobility), can lead to "abnormal joint stress, meaning that the joints can wear out, leading to osteoarthritis." Osteoartritis means that the joint looses its structure.

But now that I worked more on this, namely my elbow, I noticed that I don't need to over bend/ over straighten the elbow If I aim higher with the knuckles. Maybe it is more about just hitting the target rather than bending or straightening too much..   

Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 11.07.2014, 20:03    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

I guess the main idea when punching or blocking is the correct structure, which makes it impossible to overxtend arms and prevents injuries.   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 15.07.2014, 08:21    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Yes, it seems like that. Thank you Irene Smile   
Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 16.07.2014, 23:43    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

I remember at some point I was punching from the wrong angle and ended up with strung elbow ligaments. It was not pretty and it was quite painful. But then instructor corrected my punching technique and now it's rare occasion when I have problems when punching. Because of the trajectory of the movement there's no way I get the same position as when I injured my elbow.   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 17.07.2014, 11:36    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Thank you for sharing. I'm glad you don't have that anymore. Smile

It such a surprize for me how many things can go wrong, when you do something intensively. I reasently found out why bil sao goes forward palm first: to keep the fingers safe!   

Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Wing Chun Practice Часовой пояс: GMT + 2
Страница 1 из 1

© 2010 Украинское Представительство Всемирной Винг Чунь Кунг Фу Ассоциации. Все права защищены.