Представительство Всемирной Ассоциации Традиционного Винг Чунь Кунг Фу в Украине и по СНГ
Representative Office of the World Wing Chun Kung Fu Association in Ukraine and CIS

Managing bodyweight and movements

Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Wing Chun Practice
Managing bodyweight and movements
Автор Сообщение
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 30.05.2014, 19:13    Заголовок сообщения: Managing bodyweight and movements Ответить с цитатой

Dear forum participants,

to act most effectively, I need to move with whole body together. I have the experience, that the body moves from the pelvis/hip, and the rest (legs, torso and hands) just follows this movement.

To finite the move, I can control knees, and elbows, then feet, wrist and neck. Or what do you think?

To redirect partners movements, it is easier to move the outer parts, rather than pelvis or hip, I think. All I need is slight turns here and there, and I can already change his body to twist and fall.

I know that there is an optimum for balance are straight lines, but is the optimum for falling 45 angle then? At least there it is easiest to make someone fall.   

Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 30.05.2014, 19:21    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

I think that at this stage my body moves first, then hips, legs and hands follow. It's if we're talking about turns, not just simple blocks when you don't need to rotate your body. And when you're trying to redirect the movement of your opponent you usually don't have access to the body (it's too far away and it's more stable then the rest of it), so you have to use hands/legs to either redirect the movement or prolong it in the same direction when you move out of it.   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 30.05.2014, 22:57    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Gra-ach писал(а):
I think that at this stage my body moves first, then hips, legs and hands follow. It's if we're talking about turns, not just simple blocks when you don't need to rotate your body.

Thank you Irene. Smile When you say that your body moves first, do you mean that your whole body moves, and then the move becomes detailed?

Gra-ach писал(а):
And when you're trying to redirect the movement of your opponent you usually don't have access to the body (it's too far away and it's more stable then the rest of it), so you have to use hands/legs to either redirect the movement or prolong it in the same direction when you move out of it.

True point. And when you have access to the body, you are already hitting the vital spots Wink And also, the futher away the body part is from the base (torso), the easier it is to move. Also, the outer parts are easier to control, because they can be moved in more wide a range, I think.   

Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 03.06.2014, 21:03    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Procyona писал(а):
Gra-ach писал(а):
I think that at this stage my body moves first, then hips, legs and hands follow. It's if we're talking about turns, not just simple blocks when you don't need to rotate your body.

Thank you Irene. Smile When you say that your body moves first, do you mean that your whole body moves, and then the move becomes detailed?

I mean my torso moves first then all the appendages Cool

Procyona писал(а):
the futher away the body part is from the base (torso), the easier it is to move. Also, the outer parts are easier to control, because they can be moved in more wide a range, I think.

Sounds right Smile   

Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Wing Chun Practice Часовой пояс: GMT + 2
Страница 1 из 1

© 2010 Украинское Представительство Всемирной Винг Чунь Кунг Фу Ассоциации. Все права защищены.