Представительство Всемирной Ассоциации Традиционного Винг Чунь Кунг Фу в Украине и по СНГ
Representative Office of the World Wing Chun Kung Fu Association in Ukraine and CIS

Eating healthy

Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Wing Chun community
Eating healthy
Автор Сообщение
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 15.06.2013, 10:19    Заголовок сообщения: Eating healthy Ответить с цитатой

To life in balance you need to also take care of what you eat. Eating healthy is not only about what you eat but how often and in what amount. The has been many debates about which foodstuffs and habits are healthy and what are not.

For me, eating healthy does not mean strict regulations, but I am learning to have a natural rhythm and eating only the amount that I feel I need. That also means eating any time I am hungry, which is nice Smile

To keep myself healthy, I do eat a lot of greens and skip red meat and most fast carbohydrates. But am also learning to listen how I react to different foodstuff, to balance the diet even further.

What kind of eating is healthy in your point? What kind of foods do you eat? Thank you in advance!   

Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
Художник

СообщениеДобавлено: 15.06.2013, 12:29    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Procyona, nice topic!
You're doing great in this case.
Way to keep to healthy not only to skip some products, its way, how do you cook it. For now most of my cooked dishes is steamed and backed. Very little times when i'm frying or boiling smthing.
nuts and fruts is realy good way to keep hunger somewhere behind))   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 17.06.2013, 14:54    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Thank you, Художник. Smile
That is true: cooking the foodstuff change the way most vitamins and organig compounds can be used by our bodies. Eating raw food preserves most of them in a good shape. (Nuts, berries and fruits are delicious! <3) But the temperature of the food aslo matters, as the stomach needs to warm up the content anyway. So, heating the food by steaming is a good way to ease the work for your stomach. Very Happy

Freshness of the food also matters, especially if you want to eats raw vegetables or fruits. Refridgerators and freezers help somewhat, but freezing tends to change the structure anyway. Confused   

Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 09.09.2013, 10:52    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

I have learned that when I am eating at the same times, I am getting used and then start getting hungry like a clock, at certain hours )))))   
https://www.facebook.com/TraditionalWingChunOulu   
Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 09.09.2013, 12:03    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

I guess it's a Pavlov's dog syndrome Smile Eating at the same time became your reflex - your body expects to be fed at exact hour.   
Артем Лысенко
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 09.09.2013, 17:07    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Once i heard one succesfull man saying that it is unavoidable for a person who is reaching for new levels of self-development to meet once the need for deep analysis of consumed food. Otherweis, you'll stay on the same level, if not step back (because of the lack of the energy).

A good friend of the Academy, professional fitness-trainer Sergei Titarenko said once, while we have been discussing a healthy food:"You are not what you eat, you are what you digest". the main principle that of food consumption he shared with us on the "Healthy Food Seminar": Eat only when you feel hunger, drink when you are thirsty. Otherwise, it is all about your mind weekness and established habits. And i'm fully agree with him on that   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 10.09.2013, 17:18    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Nice notion, it is indeed that when the habits and needs change, a change in eating habits should follow, and they usually do. I have noticed that I eat more energyrich food during winter. This is because it takes more energy to produce heat and fat cover needed during a colder time. Very Happy

I have heard that it is good not to eat much at one time, but always be somewhat hungry to keep up stamina.   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 14.09.2013, 16:10    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

It is also important to vary what you eat, so that you get more variety of molecyles to built from. Seasonal changes, even in local foodstuffs, give change to get food both fresh and cheap. Very Happy   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 03.05.2014, 17:17    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

This is something I have learned about eating when I practice a lot: I need to eat more, but at the same time my stomach only has some room at a time. So to have enough energy, I need to eat more energy rich food stuff, like seeds, oat flakes, rye bread and oils. But also, I cannot just eat ice cream all day, because pure sugar has too much free and fast energy there.

Also, with proteins, oils and carbohydrates, the ratio of energy uptake for those who practise a lot should be 20:20:60. (from 3000 kJ/day it equals 600 kJ, 600 kJ, and 1800 kJ). You also need to get proteins 1,2-1,6 g/kg of your own weight each day.

Is there anyone who has more experience of diets suitable for a lot of practice? What do think?   

Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Wing Chun community Часовой пояс: GMT + 2
Страница 1 из 1

© 2010 Украинское Представительство Всемирной Винг Чунь Кунг Фу Ассоциации. Все права защищены.