Представительство Всемирной Ассоциации Традиционного Винг Чунь Кунг Фу в Украине и по СНГ
Representative Office of the World Wing Chun Kung Fu Association in Ukraine and CIS

Thinking and doing

На страницу Пред.  1, 2
Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Personal growth
Thinking and doing
Автор Сообщение
Артем Лысенко
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 13.05.2013, 23:56    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Procyona писал(а):
In best cases, you would make the same decition even if you knew the consequencies did not match your goal.

and what will happend in worse case? what will be your decision? will you choose it again, if it is possible to return back in the same situation with the same circumstances? or when it happens again, what will be your chice then?   

Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 16.05.2013, 20:28    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Procyona писал(а):
You can only make a decision best suited for the moment. In best cases, you would make the same decition even if you knew the consequencies did not match your goal.

Well put! At any given moment, if you're not afraid to act, the decision you make is usually the best you can come up with and it's based on your knowledge up to the moment. When you gain more knowledge your decision in the same situation may be different, but you can't go back in time and change your past.   

Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 17.05.2013, 17:06    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Кот писал(а):
Procyona писал(а):
In best cases, you would make the same decition even if you knew the consequencies did not match your goal.

and what will happend in worse case? what will be your decision? will you choose it again, if it is possible to return back in the same situation with the same circumstances? or when it happens again, what will be your chice then?

I'm sorry, I don't think I understand your questions. Would you specify them, please?

What mean with the statement is, that if I were to look back on a choise I have already made, knowingly that it will lead to a dead end, or a different direction I wanted it to lead (I know it because that is where I am now), in best cases I would still stand behind the decition I had made.   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 11.12.2013, 13:05    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

What a great tool the brain is! When ever we think about doing something or see some one doing it, our brains activate as if we where doing it ourselves. (There are so called mirror cells in the brain that does this.) So for instance visualising doing push-ups activates the mucsles already.

It's now wonder that thinking ebout future or past makes us use unnesesary force and get tense. But it can be used for our advantages as well - by visualising (going trough in your head) a performance before it actually happens, usually makes the performance easier. I don't know if it helps when things do not go as planned, though.

Do you have any other applications where to use this ability of ours? Please do share! Smile   

Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 28.02.2014, 12:27    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Procyona писал(а):
by visualising (going trough in your head) a performance before it actually happens, usually makes the performance easier.

I remember the day before my driving test I was training to start moving being on the steep slope of the bridge with immediate left turn from hand brake. I had to do different things with all four limbs and use sight and hearing to do it in the right moment. Let me tell you, it was hard!!! And I couldn't do it correct every time. So that evening while lying in bed before falling asleep I visualised every movement I do in this situation over and over again. When to pull the break, when to add gas, when to release clutch pedal, when and to what degree turn the wheel with my left hand and so on... So the next day I don't really remember the exact things I did on that stupid slope but after I passed the test my instructor said that he was both delighted and surprised by the flawlessness with which I did that part.   

Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Personal growth Часовой пояс: GMT + 2
На страницу Пред.  1, 2
Страница 2 из 2

© 2010 Украинское Представительство Всемирной Винг Чунь Кунг Фу Ассоциации. Все права защищены.