Представительство Всемирной Ассоциации Традиционного Винг Чунь Кунг Фу в Украине и по СНГ
Representative Office of the World Wing Chun Kung Fu Association in Ukraine and CIS

Emotions and feelings

Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Personal growth
Emotions and feelings
Автор Сообщение
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 17.12.2013, 12:00    Заголовок сообщения: Emotions and feelings Ответить с цитатой

I noticed that I did not know the definiton of emotions and feelings, so I bring the question here Smile

Dictionary's definition for emotion is 'any strong feeling'. Feeling how ever can be defined in many ways: from physical sensations to 'the experiencing of affective and emotional states', all the way to understanding something and the athmosphere of a place.

So feeling seem to act on both on the body and on the emotional level. (at least in English they do.) But, what do you think? How do emotions and feelings differ, or do they? Thank you!

I think emotions and feelings are not that different in the way they work - both affect both the body and mind, both indicate if we want to go toward or away from an object. Feelings how ever, are also gathering information on the body level - from touch and tensions.

Emotions then are more like reactions to feelings. They are feelings that can be named and cause an alteration in action or inaction. They are like energy that needs to be used some way or the other.   

Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 19.12.2013, 01:37    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

My understanding: emotion is a reaction of our bodymind system to what is happening inside it or around it. Feelings are emotions that continue for a longer time. What do others think? Thanks all very much for your thoughts!   
https://www.facebook.com/TraditionalWingChunOulu   
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Personal growth Часовой пояс: GMT + 2
Страница 1 из 1

© 2010 Украинское Представительство Всемирной Винг Чунь Кунг Фу Ассоциации. Все права защищены.