Представительство Всемирной Ассоциации Традиционного Винг Чунь Кунг Фу в Украине и по СНГ
Representative Office of the World Wing Chun Kung Fu Association in Ukraine and CIS

Polyphasic sleep

Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Personal growth
Polyphasic sleep
Автор Сообщение
nmrt

СообщениеДобавлено: 16.11.2013, 13:15    Заголовок сообщения: Polyphasic sleep Ответить с цитатой

Have been practicing polyphasic sleep lately (Uberman) and wanted to share
what a great experience it is. I haven't been more awake in my life! :)

Are there some people doing similar experiments here?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polyphasic_sleep
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 18.11.2013, 22:51    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

I do not have experience, but you got me interested: How do you get yourself to sleep at will? In always light societys it is possible to have that kind of cicles, but I don't know if it works as well in natural darkness.

Also, the human sleep cicle is said to be 30 min long, to get the most important REM-sleep. 20 minutes sleep (in uberman method) sounds quite extreme in that view. Also, I do not know how it affects the hormonal cicle, most of the hormones are produced more during sleeping periods. But if you feel good, then good for you Smile   

nmrt

СообщениеДобавлено: 24.11.2013, 00:17    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Procyona писал(а):
I do not have experience, but you got me interested: How do you get yourself to sleep at will?

After some time and with strict schedule, I can fall asleep within 5 minutes or less.

Procyona писал(а):
In always light societys it is possible to have that kind of cicles, but I don't know if it works as well in natural darkness.

Not sure what do you mean here.

Procyona писал(а):
Also, the human sleep cicle is said to be 30 min long, to get the most important REM-sleep. 20 minutes sleep (in uberman method) sounds quite extreme in that view.

I do sleep 30 minutes sometimes, it depends on the mood. ;)

Procyona писал(а):
Also, I do not know how it affects the hormonal cicle, most of the hormones are produced more during sleeping periods.

Haven't read about the hormones. Can you post a link, elaborate a little? :)
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 24.11.2013, 18:30    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

nmrt писал(а):
After some time and with strict schedule, I can fall asleep within 5 minutes or less.

nmrt писал(а):
I do sleep 30 minutes sometimes, it depends on the mood. Wink

Sounds neat Very Happy

nmrt писал(а):
Procyona писал(а):
In always light societys it is possible to have that kind of cicles, but I don't know if it works as well in natural darkness.

Not sure what do you mean here.

It just feels right that when we can alter the brightness of the environment (keep lights on during dark times), we can alter the sleep rythms as well. That means we can sleep pretty much the time we want, by changing the light and dark periods. When living in nature, the dark periods and light periods cannot be altered as much, and that affects the natural sleeping rythm.

nmrt писал(а):
Procyona писал(а):
Also, I do not know how it affects the hormonal cicle, most of the hormones are produced more during sleeping periods.

Haven't read about the hormones. Can you post a link, elaborate a little? Smile

Here is one site I found http://www.wellnesstips.ca/light%20effects%20hormones.htm

Other hormone levels rise because the sleeping hormone, melatonin, rises. And it rises only when the lights are dim. (Or if you are wearing sunglasses.)

The thing is, that hormones are part of your body, and that, evolutionally, the body is used to follow periods of light and darkness. There is also a free document considering body clocks http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/the-secret-life-of-your-bodyclock/   

nmrt

СообщениеДобавлено: 30.11.2013, 13:46    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Thank you for the links! :)
Will definitely check them out later (don't have time right now, unfortunately) and come back to you.
I have read a little about circadian rhythm before, but not about hormones...
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 30.11.2013, 22:01    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

You are welcome, Artem. Smile I'm looking forward for your comments.   
Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Personal growth Часовой пояс: GMT + 2
Страница 1 из 1

© 2010 Украинское Представительство Всемирной Винг Чунь Кунг Фу Ассоциации. Все права защищены.