Представительство Всемирной Ассоциации Традиционного Винг Чунь Кунг Фу в Украине и по СНГ
Representative Office of the World Wing Chun Kung Fu Association in Ukraine and CIS

Acknowledging your own abilities

Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Personal growth
Acknowledging your own abilities
Автор Сообщение
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 12.11.2013, 19:21    Заголовок сообщения: Acknowledging your own abilities Ответить с цитатой

Кот писал(а):
Sometimes it is just seems to be hard to tell yourself true about your talents, purpose of life and your attitute to yourself and other people. But, that is another topic to discuss:)

Thank you Кот for a new topic Smile Why is it indeed sometimes so hard to acknowlegde your skills and abilities? Or is it?

To my mind it is hard sometimes: I compare myself to others, it is a natural habit. And when I do, I see the side of them they want to show. At the same time I see myself from a diffrent point of view, so making comparison to others is not equal. That is why everyone else may seem to do better than I.

Also, humans are social creatures, so we seek to be part of social groups. That is why we sometimes make compromises to rather be part of that group than to be unique alone. With growing natinal and international connections is has become easier to be yourself and still be part of a group, fortunately Smile   

Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 12.11.2013, 21:33    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Brilliant topic, Milla... it is hard because it means responsibility... Cool
Natural habit doesn't exist, we acquire all our habits as we live. That means we can change any habit we wish into a new habit of our choice. And if I am not mistaken, this is something that differs us from animals? Conscious choice? Also, we see things we wish to see until we learn to see the reality just as it is... this is why, at the beginning level of awareness we realize how much we miss from what is going on around... because instead of seeing we look for things we want to see. And spend a lot of time comparing others with what we imagine...   

https://www.facebook.com/TraditionalWingChunOulu   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 14.11.2013, 14:35    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Haveunique писал(а):
Also, we see things we wish to see until we learn to see the reality just as it is... this is why, at the beginning level of awareness we realize how much we miss from what is going on around... because instead of seeing we look for things we want to see. And spend a lot of time comparing others with what we imagine...

Indeed, our senses are actually detecting only small part of the world, the brain fills the rest in. So we might think our world is complete, the picture whole, but we sure leave out a lot even if we are not conscious of it!

How this comes to breaking habits I'm not so sure about. But I guess the same reasoning can be used for detecting our own abilities - sometimes there is just too much left out for recognition.   

Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 18.11.2013, 11:27    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Procyona писал(а):
But I guess the same reasoning can be used for detecting our own abilities - sometimes there is just too much left out for recognition.
We are where our attention is (c) SiFu Smile   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 18.11.2013, 22:36    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Very Happy Laughing So true! But does that mean that we actually are the things we have our attention on, too? Aren't we what we do? At least having attention somewhere changes how we think of it, and when continued long enough, it would become a part of our habits, and so ourselves.   
Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 18.11.2013, 23:18    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Procyona писал(а):
But does that mean that we actually are the things we have our attention on, too? Aren't we what we do?
Well, if we imply "where," then where our attention is. What we are doing at that moment is a different question Smile   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 21.11.2013, 22:25    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

But aren't attention and doing optimally the same thing? Very Happy

To change the view point of the subject, in addition to your abilities - what do you think about knowing your limits considering these abilities? Do we need to pay attention to them and if yes, how?

I sometimes have phases of overwork and relaxing periods in my life, and have heard people suggesting keeping my limits in mind, not to gross them too much to get too tired or stressed. Some say that that way I can keep doing more.

I understand that it's good to stay in balance and relaxed when working, but in order to know where my limits are, and to raise them I would need to gross them sometimes.   

Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Personal growth Часовой пояс: GMT + 2
Страница 1 из 1

© 2010 Украинское Представительство Всемирной Винг Чунь Кунг Фу Ассоциации. Все права защищены.