Представительство Всемирной Ассоциации Традиционного Винг Чунь Кунг Фу в Украине и по СНГ
Representative Office of the World Wing Chun Kung Fu Association in Ukraine and CIS

Importance of criticism

На страницу Пред.  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Wing Chun community
Importance of criticism
Автор Сообщение
Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 30.10.2013, 14:28    Заголовок сообщения: Re: Importance of criticism Ответить с цитатой

Haveunique писал(а):
"Someone who is not worth our time" is an interesting comment, Ira. How is it possible that we end up spending time with people to whom we then attach such labels?

That's the point, not to spend time with people who is for one reason or the other not high in your priorities list. If you have a choice of talking to a friend and share some experience which is interesting for both and gossipping with someone about people you don't know or care, I'd rather do the first. And it's definitely subjective! If I'm not interested in this exact gossip, it doesn't mean that someone else wouldn't enjoy it.

Haveunique писал(а):
Same goes for critique... Whatever anyone does or says, they have a reason for it and our misunderstanding of that reason doesn't mean they are not worth our time. What do you guys say?

I don't doubt that people usually have reasons for saying or doing things. It doesn't mean that these reasons are in your favour. Besides, it doesn't mean that their reasoning is better and sounder than your own. And if one doesn't like the given advice, it doesn't mean that you have to spend the time of your life listening to the advice you won't follow or which is not applicable to your situation.   

Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 30.10.2013, 20:15    Заголовок сообщения: Re: Importance of criticism Ответить с цитатой

Gra-ach писал(а):
That's the point, not to spend time with people who is for one reason or the other not high in your priorities list. If you have a choice of talking to a friend and share some experience which is interesting for both and gossipping with someone about people you don't know or care, I'd rather do the first. And it's definitely subjective! If I'm not interested in this exact gossip, it doesn't mean that someone else wouldn't enjoy it.

To my mind, it's easier to use more time on people you want to spend time with than to take away it from others. I think that if you act ill toward people you wouldn't want to spend too much time with (even thought count) they will return to you.

I'm not saying you should actively look for change to gossip, nor to give it more space than you want it to have in your live. Everyones live is in their own hands, and so are their choices.

Gra-ach писал(а):
And if one doesn't like the given advice, it doesn't mean that you have to spend the time of your life listening to the advice you won't follow or which is not applicable to your situation.

I don't know about that.. How can you know if the advice works if you don't listen to it?   

Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 31.10.2013, 00:26    Заголовок сообщения: Re: Importance of criticism Ответить с цитатой

Procyona писал(а):
Gra-ach писал(а):

To my mind, it's easier to use more time on people you want to spend time with than to take away it from others.

That's what I'm saying but from different point of view Smile   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 31.10.2013, 22:06    Заголовок сообщения: Re: Importance of criticism Ответить с цитатой

Gra-ach писал(а):
That's what I'm saying but from different point of view Smile

If you say so Smile   

Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Wing Chun community Часовой пояс: GMT + 2
На страницу Пред.  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Страница 5 из 5

© 2010 Украинское Представительство Всемирной Винг Чунь Кунг Фу Ассоциации. Все права защищены.