Представительство Всемирной Ассоциации Традиционного Винг Чунь Кунг Фу в Украине и по СНГ
Representative Office of the World Wing Chun Kung Fu Association in Ukraine and CIS

Doing many things versus one thing at once

Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Wing Chun Practice
Doing many things versus one thing at once
Автор Сообщение
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 25.05.2013, 20:30    Заголовок сообщения: Doing many things versus one thing at once Ответить с цитатой

How does doing many things at once and one thing at a time differ? How can you train attention to both?

When I am doing many things at once, I notice that my attention jumps quite randomly from one thing to another. Like this I am constantly, and naturally changing the task I do at any time point, but don't need so much effort to continue with the tasks I had stopped to do. This gives me time to process tasks, even when I am doing something else.

In training I need to concentrate on one thing only, however, and the same process prevents me from working 100 %. So, attention jumps makes it harder to concentrate on important tasks. But, at the same time we are learning to do many things at the same time, like cordinate whole body movement instead just hands of legs, and using defence and attack at the same time.

I don't know if there is a way to combine both process', but concentrating on one thing at a time can be trained with being aware what I do right here and now. With doing many things at once, I need to think them as one task.   

Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
Victor

СообщениеДобавлено: 18.06.2013, 18:26    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

I Hope, I've understood your question correctly.
The answer is relax! When you starting thinking about everything you do, your brain will explode. Just relax and don't focus on yourself.
Wing Chun is your reaction on the opponent's action, but isn't a result of what are you thinking.   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 19.06.2013, 21:34    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Thank you Victor. Even if you did not understand the question, your answer fits it anyway Very Happy

If you don't focus on yourself, what do you focus on? Aren't we here to train ourselves?   

Сифу Юрий Марченко
Sihing

СообщениеДобавлено: 20.06.2013, 13:55    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Dear both, one thing does not exclude another... Really, I am not going to talk much, but we working with our partner we are learning how to cooperate with others, it is very important not only in training room, but also in the commun life. When you practice alone the wing chun forms you are learning you focus more on yourself, improving your breath practice, technical skills ect.   
Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 20.06.2013, 23:17    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

When you're doing several things at more or less the same time, you have to spend time to "adjust" to another task - recall input info, on what stage you stopped this task, what you were going to do next and so on. And when you're doing only one thing, you remember all these aspects and you don't need to switch attention from one thing to another.

And talking about total concentration - I don't think a person can fully concentrate on one thing for a long time. And by saying a long time I mean something like seveal minutes, without special training. Because our brain starts getting tired and it's hard to keep working.   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 21.06.2013, 13:31    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Thank you Shining, I understand Smile

Irene, if you say that the brain is not used to concentrate on one thing for long time without practise, do you know if this can be trained with some methods? In addition to consentrate on one thing at a time, the brain does not comply with too many tasks either. Therefore there is an optimum amount of tasks you can do at the same time. Most likely the the amount of tasks can become higher with practise.

One thing that hepls to work with many tasks at the same time is rapidly changing attention between tasks, and - according to researchers - a good way to train this is to play shooting or war games Very Happy   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 22.06.2013, 10:30    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Procyona писал(а):
Thank you Shining, I understand Smile

Well, to be sure, I can't know if I understand what you mean, Sihing, if I do not confirm it. So, I understood that, when I practise with an opponent, I should concentrate on working together. I can work as an individual when alone.   

Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 25.06.2013, 10:24    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Procyona писал(а):
One thing that hepls to work with many tasks at the same time is rapidly changing attention between tasks, and - according to researchers - a good way to train this is to play shooting or war games Very Happy

Does it work for you, Milla? Are there any other approaches with this one? Thank you Smile   

https://www.facebook.com/TraditionalWingChunOulu   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 13.07.2013, 19:07    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Weird, I am sure I had already posted an answer, but here it comes again Very Happy

I have not played that much of real-time war games, but strategy games. The greatest difference between those are the amount of time you have to make a decition, and it seems you need to have fast pace action to work with multitasking.

I have also been playing a game called multitask 2 (you can find it here: http://www.kongregate.com/games/icylime/multitask-2)
in which you control 2-4 games at once and get points by time. I am yet to see emprovement (other than in game scores), but that might just take time. Smile   

Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 25.07.2013, 14:18    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Hmm, I do see a point in entertainment Smile For myself, though, I prefer to differentiate between very efficient ways of learning and entertaining activities, from which I can always learn something but where learning is not a primary goal.   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 26.07.2013, 13:18    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Well, when ever I'm just entertaning myself, I feel like I'm slacking off and not doing anything useful. So I like games where I can find a meaning or something to work for Smile   
Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 26.07.2013, 16:46    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Your right to see it so, Milla! Especially if there are unfinished things, in my experience this is what keeps me from relaxing.   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 11.08.2013, 16:55    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Currently I am working on scanning my body. It is pretty easy to do this when I close my eyes, but not so when I for instance write on a computer, or do something else I have to concentrate on. It seems impossible to do both at the same time, at first, but even miracles like that can happen once I set my mind into it. Smile   
Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 12.08.2013, 12:07    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

We are where our attention is Cool   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 12.08.2013, 21:09    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Well said Smile And where our attention is, defines how we feel.   
Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Wing Chun Practice Часовой пояс: GMT + 2
Страница 1 из 1

© 2010 Украинское Представительство Всемирной Винг Чунь Кунг Фу Ассоциации. Все права защищены.