Представительство Всемирной Ассоциации Традиционного Винг Чунь Кунг Фу в Украине и по СНГ
Representative Office of the World Wing Chun Kung Fu Association in Ukraine and CIS

Applying Wing Chun principles

На страницу Пред.  1, 2
Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Wing Chun Practice
Applying Wing Chun principles
Автор Сообщение
Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 28.02.2013, 22:06    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

All of you who wrote earlier the list of Wing Chun principles - please describe at least one recent situation outside the training hall where you consciously applied at least one of the principles. Thanks!

I had a concert this Tuesday, before which I felt usual anxiety - for wanting to play as good as I can and at the same time I realized I was worrying if I will. Then I decided to focus instead on what I really want to do: most of all I wanted to create emotional pictures through music and feel great in the process. By focusing on the task and breathing before the performance I managed to relax and play with a lot of pleasure!

Deciding what is the most important for me to get out of a situation: central line principle in Wing Chun Cool   

https://www.facebook.com/TraditionalWingChunOulu   
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 02.03.2013, 10:33    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Good to hear your concert went well, Tetyana Smile

I had a recent event I applyed Wing Chun in just yesterday evening: There was a friend I felt I had not made myself very clear of my intensions and needs, but this time I wanted be straightforward with it: I made a call, and got sraight to the point, saying everything I wanted, as I felt them. To me, this was one way of hitting straight, but also reacting to the moment.   

Martin

СообщениеДобавлено: 08.03.2013, 19:21    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Haveunique писал(а):
Martin, in your very first question you are asking other people to tell you what to do in your imaginary situation Smile Smile My suggestion is - get real, be here and now Smile and do the best you can with what you have. This discussion is going great Smile Smile

I know that this is imaginary situation. It´s not real, but I tried to made a principle from it. From my point of view it´s something like proverb. You don´t have personal experience but you can take them like your personal morality scale.

But I have to admit that train and be here and now whenever is possible is very important.   
Martin

СообщениеДобавлено: 08.03.2013, 19:30    Заголовок сообщения: description of principle Ответить с цитатой

My description of principle is here:

I used one of the principle in our trip in Lapland. We were returning from Tromso when stron snow storm came. We were driving about one hundred km with very bad visibility. I was trying to help our driver with navigation and it was exhaustive. In the middle of this route it came to my mind brathing. I was trying to breath and focus. Just let everything else go and it helped me. I´m also glad that I remembered it. It means that I´m getting used to it.   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 08.03.2013, 19:38    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Good point about breathing Martin, I also found that breathing really hepls ones you get used to the idea. But, I still find it difficult to use in every situations, when you are for instance eating or talking with friends. For me, It still needs work to do it every time I need, and do it every time I remember Smile   
Martin

СообщениеДобавлено: 08.03.2013, 19:56    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Procyona писал(а):
Good point about breathing Martin, I also found that breathing really hepls ones you get used to the idea. But, I still find it difficult to use in every situations, when you are for instance eating or talking with friends. For me, It still needs work to do it every time I need, and do it every time I remember Smile

Yes it´s true to learn habit it takes time. I´m glad that I can see some progress. What is another question is long do I need to learn it properly. If we don´t think in this way that we can improve it whole live.

I was thinking about it and so far I have my personal three years task. I want to practise WCh at last tree years to be sure that at last basics will not be forgotten. What do you think? How long do you need for this level?   
Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 09.03.2013, 14:17    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Martin, sounds good! As long as the practice is regular, and you take away the unnecessary tension from your body, you can practice as long as you wish. Relaxing (taking away all unnecessary tension) is the most important at the beginning.   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 09.03.2013, 21:42    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Three years sound quite a good time to learn something, and it's good to learn the basics properly. After half a year I only know some very basic things about Wing Chun, but I don't know what will happen in one more year, not to say three years. I only see the road I have walked this far, but before me the road is still unknown. But.. I wish to practise more now, that I know Smile   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 11.07.2013, 19:45    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

To me, applying principles is hard at first, but when you have done that certain amount of time, they become easier. And also easier to forget that you have to do them all the time. Very Happy

Especially working with awareness is quite amazing: time actually seems to stop once you are aware of it's flow. It's surpisingly nice a feeling.   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 17.07.2013, 07:34    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Dear forum participants: How do you think principle of center line is best applyed? What do you use it for? Thank you!

It is not the same as balance between extremes, nor the hitting straight (even though the hits come on the center line). But I think the center line principle is knowing yourself and your values, and keeping them. So applying it means knowing what you are and what you want to do. After that I can reach my goals with confidence.   

Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 25.07.2013, 14:15    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Milla, I support that it implies values and the life priorities. Center line is the master plan one has created for their life. No matter what happens, this central axis helps thrive at good times and get up and move on in the moments of failures.   
Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 28.07.2013, 17:53    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Procyona писал(а):
To me, applying principles is hard at first, but when you have done that certain amount of time, they become easier.

Our SiFu often says: "Make unpleasant into a habit, and make that habit pleasant."   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 29.07.2013, 09:47    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Haveunique писал(а):
Our SiFu often says: "Make unpleasant into a habit, and make that habit pleasant."

A nice saying, I get the idea that, in timely fashion, both parts work at the same time Smile   

Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 29.07.2013, 12:56    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

What you described is the desirable scenario Smile Smile   
Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Wing Chun Practice Часовой пояс: GMT + 2
На страницу Пред.  1, 2
Страница 2 из 2

© 2010 Украинское Представительство Всемирной Винг Чунь Кунг Фу Ассоциации. Все права защищены.