Представительство Всемирной Ассоциации Традиционного Винг Чунь Кунг Фу в Украине и по СНГ
Representative Office of the World Wing Chun Kung Fu Association in Ukraine and CIS

Speed of action

Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Wing Chun Practice
Speed of action
Автор Сообщение
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 27.04.2013, 17:14    Заголовок сообщения: Speed of action Ответить с цитатой

In exercises I need to react fast enough to hits, but still do the exercise in a speed that I am aware of what I am doing. I am especially slow when I am tense, and then I usually variate the speed of the exercise when I get tired. When I get tense I do task without thinking what I do, and they are either done without me noticing, or I stop in the middle as I start to think of someting else. I don't think there is an optimum speed I could do both react and do the exercises, but I don't change the speed that much if I am not tense, so it might just be best to find an optimum speed for every moment in .

What do you think?   

Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 28.04.2013, 22:09    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Optimum speed is the one that allows to both react and do the exercise Smile the great part about it is that for each of us it is different! But the more relaxed I am, the faster I can work and keep being in the moment.

Milla, is there a way to keep going in the chosen tempo even if you are tired? Thank you!   

https://www.facebook.com/TraditionalWingChunOulu   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 30.04.2013, 15:37    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

I have noticed that too: The more relaxed I am, the easier and faster it comes. But still, the fastest way it not always the easiest. ;)

Good guestion. The best way to keep a chosen tempo would be to relax and find a way to make the exercise with least amount of energy.

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 12.05.2013, 14:34    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

There is also a significant difference on sudden movements and fast movements. Sudden movements rise out of fears, and are uncontrolled, as when fast movements arise only when needed in an controlled manner.   
Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 12.05.2013, 15:14    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Nothing to add, Milla Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Razz   
Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 15.05.2013, 17:00    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Procyona писал(а):
There is also a significant difference on sudden movements and fast movements. Sudden movements rise out of fears, and are uncontrolled, as when fast movements arise only when needed in an controlled manner.

Wow, this is nicely put! When I don't have time to cognizantly react to the movement, then my actions are "fast". But when I see almost an end result (say I spot a flying fist when it's 3 sm from my cheen) I may flail my arms wildly without doing anything useful.

Getting back to speed of action, I saw a video we did last summer as a presentation at school and I remember thinking when I saw it for the first time that I'm moving so fast and that it looks so cool... Smile Smile Smile But when I saw it yesterday, I had two thoughts:
1. everyone is sooo slooow
2. I don't do it correctly Confused
Which is a good thing - it means I'm getting better! At least at spotting mistakes Smile Very Happy   

Последний раз редактировалось: Gra-ach (16.05.2013, 19:36), всего редактировалось 2 раз(а)
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 15.05.2013, 23:42    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Noticing things you want to work on is the first step of the process, Irene. And it also means that your eyes catch more than they used to, good for you. Smile

Talking about speed perception, there is a limit to what we can follow with eyes only. That's why it's good to train on other senses as well, and to know where to look for clues (like watching elbows to see hits).   

Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 16.05.2013, 10:45    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Wing Chun technique is excellent at training eye muscles as well, starting with the First Form. Plus contact reflexes, as Milla noted. Everything, however, starts, with knowing what you want Cool   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 30.06.2013, 18:38    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

It is also optimal to be aware as much as possible by keeping speed slow enough, but also to keep moving all the time. To me, it seems that the slower I move, the harder it is to see where the movement stops, and where it starts.

But, when I do move slowly, it helps to see how I act and correct it while I do it. Smile   

Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Wing Chun Practice Часовой пояс: GMT + 2
Страница 1 из 1

© 2010 Украинское Представительство Всемирной Винг Чунь Кунг Фу Ассоциации. Все права защищены.