Представительство Всемирной Ассоциации Традиционного Винг Чунь Кунг Фу в Украине и по СНГ
Representative Office of the World Wing Chun Kung Fu Association in Ukraine and CIS

What does my gut tell me?

На страницу Пред.  1, 2, 3
Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Personal growth
What does my gut tell me?
Автор Сообщение
Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 24.03.2013, 20:07    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

What I've noticed is when I know where I want to end up eventually and don't concentrate on where I'm going I end up in the right place. On the other hand, when I start without concentrating and then start paying attention to where I'm going I may lose the sense of direction and I wouldn't know where to go next and I may get lost, because I will be unable to relax enough to find the right way again.   
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 24.03.2013, 21:32    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Paradoxically, as it sounds, I think you pinned it right, Milla! Besides, how can we keep in mind the "end" if it is a new thing we're working on? Cool   
https://www.facebook.com/TraditionalWingChunOulu   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 25.03.2013, 12:02    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Haveunique писал(а):
Paradoxically, as it sounds, I think you pinned it right, Milla! Besides, how can we keep in mind the "end" if it is a new thing we're working on? Cool

Exactly! If one concentrates too much on the end, the presence becomes quite blurred.

Paradoxically, Gra-ach, I think you are also right, even though it may seems to be in contrary with what Tetyana says. But there it may be how one works with motivation: If one has none, going anywhere is pretty aimless.

Talking about this contradiction, what makes me wonder the most, is that if make myself happy in the moment, how could I motivate myself forward? If I make any point along the way good enough, why would I want to go further?   

Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 25.03.2013, 12:23    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Procyona писал(а):
Haveunique писал(а):

Exactly! If one concentrates too much on the end, the presence becomes quite blurred.?

Theoretically, if you're doing something you at least have some notion of an end result, maybe you don't want to spell it out loud, but usually you have something in mind. For me it's usually quite blurred, some vague idea of what I'm going to get in the end, some general concept of what I want to get. And this is what I was referring to Smile

Procyona писал(а):
But there it may be how one works with motivation: If one has none, going anywhere is pretty aimless.

We are always motivated to do something, it depends on our level of development whether it is food or new car Smile Otherwise we'd die and become extinct.

Procyona писал(а):
Talking about this contradiction, what makes me wonder the most, is that if make myself happy in the moment, how could I motivate myself forward? If I make any point along the way good enough, why would I want to go further?

Usually when I reach a point I like it quickly becomes not enough and I want more. So it's what makes me go further and further still. And when you're really cool (and I mean in a spiritual sense) it's said that a person acquires an irresistable need to share the knowledge with others. And this is what motivates really successful people to keep going.   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 25.03.2013, 20:28    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Gra-ach писал(а):
Theoretically, if you're doing something you at least have some notion of an end result, maybe you don't want to spell it out loud, but usually you have something in mind. For me it's usually quite blurred, some vague idea of what I'm going to get in the end, some general concept of what I want to get. And this is what I was referring to Smile

We are always motivated to do something, it depends on our level of development whether it is food or new car Smile Otherwise we'd die and become extinct.

Usually when I reach a point I like it quickly becomes not enough and I want more. So it's what makes me go further and further still. And when you're really cool (and I mean in a spiritual sense) it's said that a person acquires an irresistable need to share the knowledge with others. And this is what motivates really successful people to keep going.

Well, I know that with doing something I am already trying to achieve something. Life without motivation would, well, not be going anywhere. I have been in situations where I have had too many goals - or directions - at the same time, and that's why I feel that the less I have, the better my life feels. With only couple of things dearest, I can better concentrate my power and will on those.   

Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 26.03.2013, 00:44    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Procyona писал(а):

Interesting view, and what happens when a person stops moving forward?   

Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 26.03.2013, 14:19    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

The person starts to stagnate and because of that it degrades because everything else is going forward and doesn't wait for people to catch up.   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 26.03.2013, 15:09    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Hm, when one does not go forward, he or she is not growing either, and stays at the same status. This means the world around starts to look pretty much the same and even somewhat meaningless. And as Gra-ach stated, the world would leave one behind, and one may soon find that he or she is not able to fare anymore, with the ways one used to.
Thank you guys Smile   

Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 26.03.2013, 15:37    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

That's the point - stopping is an illusion, things are still moving on, and we're ageing no matter what we think Cool so is there such a thing as stopping indeed? Razz   
Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 27.03.2013, 19:12    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

You know, it's like movement in physics. You have a relative movement (which is relative to some marker) and absolute (or whatever it's called in English).

So if you're talking about relative movement and the point of reference is the person in question than if this person stops growing, it stays the same in relation to itself. But if we're talking about relative movement and relation is to the universe (for example), then in the point of view of the universe, the person who stopped growing is going back comparing to the natural pace.

So it depends on your point of view, whether you can actually stop your development or not.   

Domestus

СообщениеДобавлено: 29.03.2013, 13:31    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Stopping seems like an impossible thing to do, especially if you think that there's also the direction of going backwards.   
Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 29.03.2013, 13:59    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Is there such a thing as perpetual motion, Lasse?   
Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Personal growth Часовой пояс: GMT + 2
На страницу Пред.  1, 2, 3
Страница 3 из 3

© 2010 Украинское Представительство Всемирной Винг Чунь Кунг Фу Ассоциации. Все права защищены.