Представительство Всемирной Ассоциации Традиционного Винг Чунь Кунг Фу в Украине и по СНГ
Representative Office of the World Wing Chun Kung Fu Association in Ukraine and CIS

Do you belive on God?

На страницу Пред.  1, 2
Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Personal growth
Do you belive on God?
Автор Сообщение
Borys B

СообщениеДобавлено: 31.01.2013, 10:48    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Gra-ach писал(а):
And it usually says that people don't have a free will and that everything in life is predestined. I don't want to believe in this, though for some it may be a blessing to think that it's not his(her) choice, but a divine path. And that you have to do nothing in order to get something. And it's very easy to abuse this notion, like to say that I had a vision that this person should die so I went and gutted him (just exaggerating).

I do believe that life is predestined, every human has good destiny and people do have free will to chose. The thing is are they making decisions that will fit them the best and led them to their destiny?

I came to that conclusions while analysing my past - wins and faults in actions, goals and maintaining relationships. If there were wins instead of faults, the life would be led to another direction, and probably It won't satisfy me.

Gra-ach писал(а):
And that you have to do nothing in order to get something.

Fault and succeed are indicators of our action if we are on right or wrong direction. Without an action there will be no such indicators.   
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 31.01.2013, 16:26    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Procyona писал(а):
You are right Gra-ach and Tetyana, many people have confort in religious truths, and sometimes they grow to be better people because of it. (Like prisoners who turn to Bible or meditation.) For me, religion seems too easy an answer, though Wink

If it goes from the heart, and the feeling is good and long-term, then it's the right choice. Otherwise - a compromise with ego or fears, and then beware ))   

https://www.facebook.com/TraditionalWingChunOulu   
Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 31.01.2013, 16:43    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Borys B писал(а):
Gra-ach писал(а):
And it usually says that people don't have a free will and that everything in life is predestined. I don't want to believe in this, though for some it may be a blessing to think that it's not his(her) choice, but a divine path. And that you have to do nothing in order to get something. And it's very easy to abuse this notion, like to say that I had a vision that this person should die so I went and gutted him (just exaggerating).

I think you pinned it right, Ira! Imagine connecting these two notions - that life is predestined and we still have a choice within our predestination. Which means that we are capable of doing only so much )))))) Must really hurt one's ego.... But once a person accepts this fact, life starts becoming a lot more welcoming and enjoyable, because the world gains more friendly feeling instead of an animosity. But first - price for understanding these things... which means discomfort zone and overcoming it.   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 02.02.2013, 10:13    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Haveunique писал(а):
Borys B писал(а):
Gra-ach писал(а):

I think you pinned it right, Ira! Imagine connecting these two notions - that life is predestined and we still have a choice within our predestination. Which means that we are capable of doing only so much )))))) Must really hurt one's ego.... But once a person accepts this fact, life starts becoming a lot more welcoming and enjoyable, because the world gains more friendly feeling instead of an animosity. But first - price for understanding these things... which means discomfort zone and overcoming it.

That is quite nice a notion, and turning thinking from negative coloured to positive coloured is a powerful tool when thinking about any matter. Smile

But-- even if we cannot really know if the choises we make are predistined or not, it does not really matter to the outcome. I believe that everything affects everything else, as a connection network. You may think it as the flipping of butterflys wings causing hurricane on the other side of the world or peoples negative or positive emotions affecting the whole communitys feeling people by people. We make decisions according the past actions and the knowledge we have previously gained, and in that viewpoint we can only make the decision most logical and conveniant for us. Call it destiny or not, but the world, and life, has a cource.   

Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 03.02.2013, 13:15    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Borys B писал(а):
Fault and succeed are indicators of our action if we are on right or wrong direction. Without an action there will be no such indicators.

Are they? How do you decide that if it doesn't turn out as you think it should have that it's the wrong decision? Maybe it's a pointer that you have to try harder?

Haveunique писал(а):
Imagine connecting these two notions - that life is predestined and we still have a choice within our predestination. Which means that we are capable of doing only so much )))))) Must really hurt one's ego.... But once a person accepts this fact, life starts becoming a lot more welcoming and enjoyable, because the world gains more friendly feeling instead of an animosity. But first - price for understanding these things... which means discomfort zone and overcoming it.

If you have a choice, it's not predestined. It means that you can change things a lot and deviate from the path which is written for you by something(one). But if we're talking about predestination, why bother doing something at all, things have to become as they should, whithout any actions on your part. Why not sit in front of TV and enjoy your life? Why go to another country to study things you love? Why bother?

Every day we make decisions, to get up or to stay in bed, to have breakfast or to rush to work. We have motives to do something, because we like doing it, because it's necessary to do it and so on. Each of these choices affect our future. And if you do nothing towards your goal or dream I don't think it will ever come true. And it's easy to say at the twilight of your life that it was not on my to-do list charted by God. But will it really feel satisfactory explanation?

Besides, without SiFu's ego there will be no Academy, without his overwhelming need to get acquainted with Grand Master we won't meet each other, wouldn't practice Wing Chun. So ego is a mojor force and can be a very inspiring tool, that can make us do awesome things. It only depends on what is it your ego wants and whether these wishes go against yours or other's sense of righteousness.   

Borys B

СообщениеДобавлено: 03.02.2013, 13:36    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Gra-ach писал(а):
Borys B писал(а):

Are they? How do you decide that if it doesn't turn out as you think it should have that it's the wrong decision? Maybe it's a pointer that you have to try harder?

When I fail, I analyse the cause, and it most cases the reason is the lack of conscious of some things, and I analyse once again the decision to do that action, and with my gained conscious I make decision not to do that action.

Yep, you are right, in some cases you should try harder to succeed, but in this cases it is obvious there is the cause of fault. When my application for job was rejected because I do not fulfil professional requirements, it is obvious that I should gain more experience, but it is not the same fault when I fail in some relationships.   
Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 03.02.2013, 14:31    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Borys B писал(а):
When my application for job was rejected because I do not fulfil professional requirements, it is obvious that I should gain more experience...

Or maybe you don't have necessary skills because it's not your thing?   

Borys B

СообщениеДобавлено: 03.02.2013, 19:15    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Gra-ach писал(а):
Borys B писал(а):
When my application for job was rejected because I do not fulfil professional requirements, it is obvious that I should gain more experience...

Or maybe you don't have necessary skills because it's not your thing?

yep, it can be, you don't know is it your thing or is not until you are involved in that thing.   
Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 03.02.2013, 22:36    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Borys B писал(а):
yep, it can be, you don't know is it your thing or is not until you are involved in that thing.

Just discussed that topic yesterday, about predestination. There is a certain deal that a person needs to make within oneself - take some stance on this issue. We come premade in the world that had been already there. Ego is indeed a big driving force, so the main matter, to my opinion, is knowing how to rule your own ego - letting it drive you when needed and holding it down, like a dog on the leash, when you know it would be no good otherwise. And to learn, one needs to do things and there will be new things all the time, that's how we learn. Thank you all for a nice discussion! =)   

Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 04.02.2013, 02:22    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Haveunique писал(а):
Ego is indeed a big driving force, so the main matter, to my opinion, is knowing how to rule your own ego - letting it drive you when needed and holding it down, like a dog on the leash, when you know it would be no good otherwise.

Well, as with everything else, practice and control over yourself is essential for your own well-being and those around you Cool Wink   

Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Personal growth Часовой пояс: GMT + 2
На страницу Пред.  1, 2
Страница 2 из 2

© 2010 Украинское Представительство Всемирной Винг Чунь Кунг Фу Ассоциации. Все права защищены.