Представительство Всемирной Ассоциации Традиционного Винг Чунь Кунг Фу в Украине и по СНГ
Representative Office of the World Wing Chun Kung Fu Association in Ukraine and CIS

Time... It is given to us. How do we use it?

На страницу Пред.  1, 2, 3, 4
Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Personal growth
Time... It is given to us. How do we use it?
Автор Сообщение
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 19.09.2013, 10:53    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Haveunique писал(а):
Procyona писал(а):
I can look my project from another perspective, and make it suit my goals Smile

Actually, we do that all the time anyway.... it's just if we are aware of our goals, we make aware choices Smile

Funny thing is, that once you are aware your goal, it keeps nagging at the back of your head. And even though if you continue to do other things that you did before, it feels different. You cannot turn back anymore, and you either go for what you want, or be miserable because you don't. Very Happy   

Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 19.09.2013, 21:30    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Exactly Very Happy Smile Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy   
https://www.facebook.com/TraditionalWingChunOulu   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 27.05.2014, 10:23    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Speaking more of time, I have counteres two opposing ways to view it: Time either does not exist, put is just moments that do not go together, of that it is a flow, combining everything. (If there is a third option, please tell me.) Which one do you think works best for you?

For me thinking moments separate hepls to be in each moment, and the more I am in the moment, the more the moments actually seem to become one. I still tend to interpret the time as a story, that has a beginning and an end. Time is still a mystery for me Very Happy   

Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 30.05.2014, 19:10    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

I think time is just an abstract (and artificial) concept that is devised to help humans measure the flow of life (like money).   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 11.12.2014, 21:53    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Gra-ach писал(а):
I think time is just an abstract (and artificial) concept that is devised to help humans measure the flow of life (like money).

I think you can count in the metric system for this too, because the distance of a meter and the weight of a kilo are not same every time and place either.

What do you think the flow of life should be measured on? I think it's those moments that matter and that are want to have with you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsDvLTpuTvU   

Faroth

СообщениеДобавлено: 12.12.2014, 02:50    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Clock can measure time, but life in my opinion can't be measured. Good times are gone too fast and bad times, can sometimes last a lifetime.

You can have richer life at 40 years old than someone in late 70. It's just matter of choices and what _you_ wan't!

And thanks for letting me in the forums!   
Haveunique
Instructor

СообщениеДобавлено: 09.01.2015, 10:59    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Faroth писал(а):
Clock can measure time, but life in my opinion can't be measured. And thanks for letting me in the forums!

Welcome to the forum, Ville-Pekka! Razz Indeed, why would we measure life? Talking about time, I start wondering if it exists at all. If there are no clocks, is there still time?   

https://www.facebook.com/TraditionalWingChunOulu   
Faroth

СообщениеДобавлено: 12.01.2015, 12:10    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Thank you, Tetyana!

In my opionion time in some form exist, but clock might not be right tool to track it. Could be fun experiment to see what happens if there were no clocks though. Smile   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 09.02.2015, 11:32    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

There is a study of some people living without the knowledge of time in a cave. They had even no light
to indicate the time of the day, but still they had about 25 hours cycle in sleeping, working and eating.
The unconscious knows how to time itself even when the conscious does not. Very Happy   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 11.05.2016, 19:05    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Hi all!

I work very much with weekly deadlines, so estimating my time for each project is essential.

I found that learning to make a product takes time, so I need to plan enough time for it before setting deadlines. However, when I am working on something I know how to do, a strict deadline works better, because it makes me work more effectively.   

Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 12.05.2016, 23:37    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

At this point I find that time management techniques are brilliant and help prioritize. Otherwise I'd be unable to do anything on time!   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 16.05.2016, 21:10    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

What kind of time management tools do you mean, Irene? Thank you!

For me a daily list of tasks in their priority order has aided to keep on time spend for projects that need it most.   

Роман Мельник

СообщениеДобавлено: 31.05.2017, 22:33    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Total growth.   
Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 31.07.2017, 22:07    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Saw this quotation the other day: "Lazy" is a strong word, I prefer "selective participation" and thought it great. If you don't want to do it, then it's not your thing and maybe you shouldn't spend your time on things you don't enjoy. With the exception of things that are totally necessary for your survival. But in this case it's important to decide what is necessary.   
Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Personal growth Часовой пояс: GMT + 2
На страницу Пред.  1, 2, 3, 4
Страница 4 из 4

© 2010 Украинское Представительство Всемирной Винг Чунь Кунг Фу Ассоциации. Все права защищены.