Представительство Всемирной Ассоциации Традиционного Винг Чунь Кунг Фу в Украине и по СНГ
Representative Office of the World Wing Chun Kung Fu Association in Ukraine and CIS

Why be simple?

Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Personal growth
Why be simple?
Автор Сообщение
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 15.08.2015, 15:32    Заголовок сообщения: Why be simple? Ответить с цитатой

vmashchenko писал(а):
:)Of course it can be determined more complex, maybe scientific.

But one phrase I try to remember always. Tony Robbins: Complexity is enemy of execution.

I might be on the wrong lead here, but I just do not seem to get what simple and complexity mean. What is simple? What does it mean?

To me things are simple when I can define them. The more I study and observe, the more I know. The more I know, the more simple things become.   

Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
vmashchenko

СообщениеДобавлено: 16.08.2015, 23:34    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Simple means simple:)
So anyone can understand right away.

Like SiFu often asks us to speak our thoughts in just couple of words.

Our mind always tries to complex everything.   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 17.08.2015, 20:42    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

So the shorter, the simpler? Very Happy Is simple same as knowing what you say? I would say no.

For me to master a thought takes a lot of time, but I guess that is just a restriction my mind is set on for now.   

vmashchenko

СообщениеДобавлено: 18.08.2015, 15:03    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

I'm not sure that I understood you fully.
Typically yes, the shorter - the simple. We always can say our thoughts with less words.   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 20.08.2015, 13:05    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

I just mean that even if you say things simply - with a few words - is not what I call simple.

For me, things become simple if I know them well enough. A few words about something I do not know enough about is not simple, but gibberish.   

vmashchenko

СообщениеДобавлено: 21.08.2015, 00:14    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

What about knowledge that Earth spins around sun along others planets? It simple but we do not know everything. Or by using smartphones - simple, but we do not know how exactly it works in deep level.   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 21.08.2015, 20:36    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Thank you for asking, vmashchenko. Regarding smartphones, I know it is simple to use, because I have used and learned my way to use it simply. Knowledge is the information I get from trials and errors. I don't know how it works in deeper level, and that I cannot say simply. But I do not need that knowledge to use it.

Personally, I have not seen evidence that the Earth rotates around the Sun nor vise versa. I don't know if they do rotate, but I can hold on to a believe that it does, because it is what most people associate the planets to do. It is more convenient to me than study it on my own.

Did this answer your question? Smile   

vmashchenko

СообщениеДобавлено: 22.08.2015, 00:05    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

You said earlier:

things become simple if I know them well enough

That's why I asked about phones. It's simple to use, but phones is not simple.   

Faroth

СообщениеДобавлено: 22.08.2015, 11:36    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

For me simple version of matter is often short and doesn't go very deep with details. I can speak about building houses whole day, or I can tell a simple version of it in couple of words.

I don't think that knowing more about the matter makes it more simple. It's quite opposite actually.

More details, more information - less simple it is.   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 22.08.2015, 14:46    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

vmashchenko писал(а):
You said earlier:

things become simple if I know them well enough

That's why I asked about phones. It's simple to use, but phones is not simple.

I see. The phone example is a good one to demonstate simplicity. I think it is only complex because I do not know how it works. When I know, it can become simple. Very Happy   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 22.08.2015, 14:53    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Faroth писал(а):
For me simple version of matter is often short and doesn't go very deep with details. I can speak about building houses whole day, or I can tell a simple version of it in couple of words.

I don't think that knowing more about the matter makes it more simple. It's quite opposite actually.

More details, more information - less simple it is.

Well, I think that when I know enough, I can express it so that people understand, but also that it holds the inside truth. What can be more simple than the truth? Very Happy

The function of the gut is not simple at all. When you study it enough and process the information, you can say it with your own words. Then you make it simple for you and for others as well.

But when I do not know enough about the gut, well, I could say anything that were not true. That said, I link the idea of simple with the truth.   

Юрий Николаевич

СообщениеДобавлено: 31.05.2017, 07:54    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Последний раз редактировалось: Юрий Николаевич (14.08.2017, 11:45), всего редактировалось 3 раз(а)
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение AIM Address
Роман Мельник

СообщениеДобавлено: 31.05.2017, 22:13    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Art is when there is no redundant.   
Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Personal growth Часовой пояс: GMT + 2
Страница 1 из 1

© 2010 Украинское Представительство Всемирной Винг Чунь Кунг Фу Ассоциации. Все права защищены.