Представительство Всемирной Ассоциации Традиционного Винг Чунь Кунг Фу в Украине и по СНГ
Representative Office of the World Wing Chun Kung Fu Association in Ukraine and CIS

Gaming topic

Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Wing Chun community
Gaming topic
Автор Сообщение
Faroth

СообщениеДобавлено: 09.12.2015, 11:54    Заголовок сообщения: Gaming topic Ответить с цитатой

Hi all!

I did see topics of books, movies and music but there wasn't one for gaming so here it comes. Smile

Gaming is an ever growing form of entertainment and I think it will surpass movies in quite near future. The gaming can be seen as a more involving experience than reading book or watching a movie. It's more about skill and experiencing the storyline yourself, making decisions and immersing yourself to the virtual world.

In the past gaming was seen as a childs hobby or waste of time, but in my books it has never been like that. I see watching TV as a waste of time, because you are only getting the experience they wan't you to get. Feel the emotions creators of that TV program wan't you to feel. But in the gaming you mostly get what you give and that's especially true in online games.

I see gaming as a very good way to relax and socialize. Most of my friends play these days and we often play together.

My first computer was Commodore 64 in the year 1989. I played Track & Field and Spy vs. Spy for example and did code some Basic stuff too. After that I jumped to console gaming with Nintendo. Got back on track with my first own PC at 1995 and after that PC has been my platform of choice for gaming, eventhough I have PS3 and Xbox360. I think PC now is at it's all time best. Mostly thanks to Steam and other digital platforms.

What are your thoughts about gaming in general? Or your favorite game and what are you playing right now?

My favorite games are adventure games, I think they are good mix of reading a book and solving puzzles. The best games of genre for me are Gabriel Knight trilogy, especially the part 2, The Beast Within and some of the Lucasarts classics, like Day of The Tentacle.

At the moment I'm playing Fallout 4, Civilization: Beyond Earth and The Evil Within.

Three totally different games.

Fallout 4 is a huge open world role playing game, with lot of choices to make and enemies to conquer. You can even build your own settlements in it, which is kinda new in RPG:s. It's from Bethesda, the creators of Elder's Scroll: Skyrim, one of the biggest role playing games to date.

Second one, Civilization: Beyond Earth is an very accessible 4x4 strategy game. There's diplomacy, building outposts, warfare and a whole lot of more. The developer Firaxis have formed they're own genre with the Civilization and it has gotten quite popular within the years. First Civilization came out 1991 and If I count right Beyond Earth is seventh game of the series.

The Evil Within is a survival horror game in the likes of Resident Evil, if you are familiar with the series. It's mostly a rollercoaster of scares and fighting monsters. The best part of this game is probably the atmosphere. It kinda reminds me of Stephen King and japanese horror movies, i.e Ringu. So if you like those, I think you should atleast check this out.

The stage is yours now. If you wan't to talk about gaming in general or your favorite games, this is the place for it. I would love to hear about your experiences in the gaming worlds. Smile   

Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 13.12.2015, 20:02    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

My first experience with gaming was Doom II and Worms and then Pokemon when I was in ground school. I played because every one else was playing for some years but don't play much anymore.   
Faroth

СообщениеДобавлено: 16.12.2015, 21:00    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Procyona писал(а):
My first experience with gaming was Doom II and Worms and then Pokemon when I was in ground school. I played because every one else was playing for some years but don't play much anymore.

Doom II is a good game to start with. Smile I have had plenty of fun with that series and it's fun to play couple of maps now and then.   

Последний раз редактировалось: Faroth (20.12.2015, 09:49), всего редактировалось 1 раз
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 16.12.2015, 21:21    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Faroth писал(а):
Doom II is a good game to start with. Smile

Well, at least it gave me a good scare. Very Happy   

Faroth

СообщениеДобавлено: 06.05.2016, 10:33    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

I recently played Dr. Langeskov, The Tiger, and The Terribly Cursed Emerald: A Whirlwind Heist. Despite a long and weird name I must say the game was a very short and a very weird.

It doesn't have any real gameplay elements, but for free and such of short experience (~20 minutes) it was definitely worth my time. Narrative was excellent and it shows how flexible games can be. Go play it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eB4B1fwgjps

It's available on Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/409160   

Schlaf

СообщениеДобавлено: 06.05.2016, 11:00    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Hey all! My first game experience was Wolfenstein and Commandos( tactics) Since that time i prefer to play stratagies and tactical games. Very Happy   
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение Отправить e-mail
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 07.05.2016, 16:37    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Hi Schalf, nice to meet you and thank you for sharing. Smile

My experiences with tactics come from turn-based games (like Disgaea).

Why do you prefer to play tactical games? Thank you!   

Schlaf

СообщениеДобавлено: 30.09.2016, 14:53    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Sorry for late replay!) Well mostly I like to work interesting and challenging tasks and riddles. Tactical and strategy games is good opportunity to train your mind)   
Schlaf

СообщениеДобавлено: 30.09.2016, 14:55    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

+ I am a book worm. So, I also like games based on books and novels.

For example Witcher games. Great fantasy novel and great games. Very Happy   
Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Wing Chun community Часовой пояс: GMT + 2
Страница 1 из 1

© 2010 Украинское Представительство Всемирной Винг Чунь Кунг Фу Ассоциации. Все права защищены.