Представительство Всемирной Ассоциации Традиционного Винг Чунь Кунг Фу в Украине и по СНГ
Representative Office of the World Wing Chun Kung Fu Association in Ukraine and CIS

Knowledge by experience

Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Wing Chun community
Knowledge by experience
Автор Сообщение
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 21.02.2016, 14:10    Заголовок сообщения: Knowledge by experience Ответить с цитатой

There are knowledge that you can have only be experience, not reading.

What do you think of this statement? Thank you!

For me, there are knowledge that I can get only by doing, like getting the principles of Wing Chun. Yet, there is knowledge that can be only gathered by reading or studying otherwise. These can be the views of other people, or the past. Keeping both is good for a learning process, I think. And at best you never stop learning. Smile   

Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
Художник

СообщениеДобавлено: 22.02.2016, 02:56    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

if you get the result - this knowledge is 100% your and its cant be taken from you, and you wont forget it. So, in my opinion - this is the best way to accept knowledges.   
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 22.02.2016, 09:19    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Thank you, Художник.

Very well put. Also, I think it is important to practice the knowledge you gain with the results, though, if you want to keep it. If you don't, the knowledge is not going to stick with you for the next actions and goals.   

Художник

СообщениеДобавлено: 23.02.2016, 18:36    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Procyona писал(а):

Very well put. Also, I think it is important to practice the knowledge you gain with the results, though, if you want to keep it. If you don't, the knowledge is not going to stick with you for the next actions and goals.

Totally agree Laughing   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 29.04.2016, 17:08    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

To get back to the topic, reading versus live experience, I think reading is suitable to learning some things, and experience for other things. For learning to ride a bike, reading might not be the best way, and on the other hand understanding wide concepts like global warming you need to gather information by reading or some other methods. The method itself does not matter, but it matters that you get results.   
Gra-ach

СообщениеДобавлено: 31.07.2016, 22:11    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Those are different things you're talking about. Riding a bicycle is a practical thing that you have to do with your own body. While knowing about global warming is mental exercise which you have to do with your brain. So things you have to do manually are definitely better to learn via your own personal experience. And things that are mental or emotional or basically not physical are better learnt through reading, listening, thinking and so on.   
Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Wing Chun community Часовой пояс: GMT + 2
Страница 1 из 1

© 2010 Украинское Представительство Всемирной Винг Чунь Кунг Фу Ассоциации. Все права защищены.