Представительство Всемирной Ассоциации Традиционного Винг Чунь Кунг Фу в Украине и по СНГ
Representative Office of the World Wing Chun Kung Fu Association in Ukraine and CIS

Acts of giving

Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Wing Chun community
Acts of giving
Автор Сообщение
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 10.03.2016, 20:26    Заголовок сообщения: Acts of giving Ответить с цитатой

I don't know why, but I get a huge amount of energy when I give something away without asking anything in return. It happens especially when I think that the thing I give can change something in the other person's life.

Do you know why this feeling comes? I think it is because you give out something you have already enjoyed/found useful yourself, and you feel that same joy again, when you know it can be repeated. Giving away is a way to repeat that process in your surroundings.

What does giving mean to you?   

Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
Faroth

СообщениеДобавлено: 16.03.2016, 14:58    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

You're right about giving and energy.

Giving is sharing a good and useful stuff what I don't need anymore.

But when giving away stuff I like to see the item / thing getting a new life or use with the new owner. The new owner should be a new user, not a new hoarder.

I don't see the reason at moving items from one storage to another.   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 18.03.2016, 16:56    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Good point Ville-Pekka, giving an item that has value to the receiver is the best kind of giving! But, it's also a thing to let people decide themselves if they want the item or not. We are all responsible for our own and only our own choices.

Receiving a gift and how you receive a gift is also one of those choices, I think. Smile How do you best receive a gift then? I want the receiver to feel good for his action and thank him, even if I do not take the gift.

Receiving or not receiving, however, depends on how much investment the person has put on the gift and how much I want to give back emotionally. The more time and thought invested in the gift, the more valuable it becomes for me, and I am more likely to take the it. But, if I think I cannot repay the value with some amount of kindness, thanks and affection, I cannot take the gift.   

Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Wing Chun community Часовой пояс: GMT + 2
Страница 1 из 1

© 2010 Украинское Представительство Всемирной Винг Чунь Кунг Фу Ассоциации. Все права защищены.