Представительство Всемирной Ассоциации Традиционного Винг Чунь Кунг Фу в Украине и по СНГ
Representative Office of the World Wing Chun Kung Fu Association in Ukraine and CIS

Hits

Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Wing Chun Practice
Hits
Автор Сообщение
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 29.03.2015, 20:47    Заголовок сообщения: Hits Ответить с цитатой

While we already have topic about blogs, let's have it also about hits. Smile

Till now I have mainly used the direct hit to chin/neck, diaphragm or heart. These places are the most effective places to hit, if you want to make damage, and are good to work to get the forward motion to be most effective.

Curved hits I have used them mainly to distract my partner. These do not at least yet feel as effective as the straight hits, because the body is not behind the motion. But, if my partner redirects my hit to a curvy motion, then I can just let it become a curvy hit, which is quite fun. Very Happy   

Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
Faroth

СообщениеДобавлено: 06.08.2015, 10:41    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Hi Milla, and thank you for the topic!

Is there curved hits in wing chun ? I think with curved hits you are exposing your center line to your partner.

Recently I've been practicing on hits. I'm feeling they are kinda powerless and hitting like a pillow. Found this article on internet and there's one neat and effective practice I can do at home too.

"Stand up against your fridge (or the wall). Let one toe touch it. Place your fist on the fridge, now flex your elbow and feel the push.

The Wing Chun punch comes from the elbow. At this point you just want to understand the basic movement of the arm(s) and how the elbow leads the Wing Chun punch (this punch doesn’t come from the shoulder)."

As the article states and as I think too, wing chun punch ain't very natural way for us to hit a target, but with practice and proper body balance it's going to be very effective and fast. Flexibility is what makes it very good, the punch can be transformed into block and vice versa.

I think I'll post this article here, since I think it's a good read!

http://www.wingchunlife.com/wing-chun-punch.html   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 06.08.2015, 20:13    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Thank you for the article, Ville-Pekka. One very important point there is the interruptability of hits. Very, very important point when you want to relax and react fast. It is also a good practice to be here and now.

I do not know if there are curved hits in wing chun, but in our training we practiced on blocking curved hits once or twice. Do any other wing chun students on the forum know more about this? Thank you!   

Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 13.02.2016, 13:31    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

I was taught one way to practice straight hits, and wanted to share this with you.

You can do it on a soft or hard surface. The main thing is that fingers form into a fist naturally when you keep moving forward only.

In the picture below, the 'steps' go from left to right, and from top to bottom.   

Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Wing Chun Practice Часовой пояс: GMT + 2
Страница 1 из 1

© 2010 Украинское Представительство Всемирной Винг Чунь Кунг Фу Ассоциации. Все права защищены.