Представительство Всемирной Ассоциации Традиционного Винг Чунь Кунг Фу в Украине и по СНГ
Representative Office of the World Wing Chun Kung Fu Association in Ukraine and CIS

New Years resolutions - how to make them work?

Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Wing Chun community
New Years resolutions - how to make them work?
Автор Сообщение
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 05.01.2016, 18:48    Заголовок сообщения: New Years resolutions - how to make them work? Ответить с цитатой

New Year is a great season to watch back on what milestones you have achieved and to decide what you want from the next year. I, too, make resolutions. But how to make a resolution you stick to? What kind of resolutions makes you commit and do it until it is done?

I think, first and foremost, is to choose resolutions that speak to your heart. Making resolutions is a promise to yourself. Filling someone else's wishes most probably doesn't make you fulfill the goal.

Also, you need to go for a certain goal. Instead of losing weight, you decide how much weight you to loose and the method to do it. The less decisions after the commitment, the easier it is to do. Making a daily or weekly routine simplifies it even more.

Thirdly, you can aid the process by allowing yourself a treat right after you get an action done. Or, commit to doing something very uncomfortable if you don't act like you promised. Doing so gives you an extra boost to do the 'smaller evil'.

Finally, if you don't want to make a big life changing resolutions, make it smaller. A tiny step forward is better than having a grudge about not making any change at all.   

Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
Procyona

СообщениеДобавлено: 05.01.2016, 18:58    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Also, here is a video about the science of resolutions. Smile
What stroke me most was that resolutions planned on new year's were many times more likely to be successful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqbAsr6wN_I   

Faroth

СообщениеДобавлено: 17.01.2016, 15:27    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Thank you Milla for topic and good points!

I think it's also important to know why do you want to do it. When you know why, it's easier to remind yourself time to time for the reasons behind your new resolution.

My new years resolution was to not eat red meat or chicken anymore. I think it has been kinda easy because I know why I wanted to do it and how strict I'm going to be with it. There's also rare occasions when I allow myself to eat those particular foods.   

Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Wing Chun -> Wing Chun community Часовой пояс: GMT + 2
Страница 1 из 1

© 2010 Украинское Представительство Всемирной Винг Чунь Кунг Фу Ассоциации. Все права защищены.